2020/21 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well.... what a nice surprise this is.

Now I know why we weren’t in for a further midfielder.

I am awaiting the lad to somehow be injured for a further 10 years with a freak injury on a Tuna tin/Falling from a loft/falling over a “do not play in the goal” sign.

Ala our best ever goalkeeper.

Excellent news that there is some light at the end of the tunnel for the lad. Philippe Gbamin has had it pretty rough injury-wise since joining the club, so it's great that things are starting to look up for him, and he has an approximate date to focus on and work towards. Let's hope that will be it for him now and he will be able to put this behind him and push on.

Great news for the lad himself, hope its a phased reintroduction and he can build confidence and get up to the pace of the league. He will be welcomed depth, but he has a job of work cracking the midfield to be a regular starter, as it should be.

All set up to loan Delph in January.

Could we have a petition to persuade him to drop the G or better make it a silent G at the front of his name. Bammin!!!!!!!!!!! Goal!!!!!!!!

Between him and Delph we may be able to give Allan a couple of games off over festive period.

...I remember Carsley playing that role in front of the back four and he hardly missed a game, even though he was advanced in years. My understanding is that position is more about discipline than it is about covering the pitch.

This is positive news for the Club and the player.

...I remember Carsley playing that role in front of the back four and he hardly missed a game, even though he was advanced in years. My understanding is that position is more about discipline than it is about covering the pitch.

This is positive news for the Club and the player.

DM is like CB and GK keeping the same player there is better for stability but its good to know someone half decent could step in as I think we have 5 weeks of playing weekend and midweek over Xmas so he might just need a breather.

DM is like CB and GK keeping the same player there is better for stability but its good to know someone half decent could step in as I think we have 5 weeks of playing weekend and midweek over Xmas so he might just need a breather.

...absolutely, although I expect Gbamin to be all energy. More similar to Doucoure.

Status
Not open for further replies.