2020/21 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think he is just a very average keeper myself. Watch every team bombard us with crosses this season. . He is too small,. He dosnt command his box at all
Dosnt learn from his mistakes,. Either laughs or blames other for his mistakes,. Scares the defence in front of him. He can't concentrate on a game so is always trying to do something to make it look like he is important He is and acts like an idiot. And finally he thinks he is a brilliant goalkeeper!
I think Pickford's problem is concentration which hugely affects his decision making which is often poor

He has not let England down, Southgate has said that many times, If it was based on Club form maybe, but he's kept 4 clean sheets in his last 4 Games for England and pretty much never make's an Error for England - 3 games though may have Southgate give one of the other's a chance, but Pickford i think will defo stick to been the Number 1till he starts doing for England what he does for Everton lately
Said it yesterday during the feeding frenzy. A lot of the issues are in his head. Maybe a hew keeping coach is required but I'd definitely bring in a sports psychologist anyway
I think it's important that he does.

If he's dropped by Southgate I'd seriously consider Olsen for the derby

These really, the last thing we need is for his confidence to be completely shot.....

Coleman's reaction when he saw the ball go in for Brightons equalizer spoke volumes plus the fact none of the players ever go up to him to encourage him after making mistakes would suggest there would not be a problem in the dressing room if the manager replaces him

Sorry Nev but 3 minutes for a goalkeeper is a long, long time.

“I think he’s had probably three bad minutes in six months - if [that].

“His mistakes aren’t killing us - I think that’s a good thing - and I think once he finds his form, we’ll be flying.

“There’ll be a time when we have that little bump in the road and maybe we’ll have to rely on him. Maybe people will have to change their opinions.

“But I do think, if Mr Ancelotti wants to play you, you must be half-decent. If his job was on the line, there’d be a taxi outside Goodison tomorrow.”

Sorry Nev but 3 minutes for a goalkeeper is a long, long time.

“I think he’s had probably three bad minutes in six months - if [that].

“His mistakes aren’t killing us - I think that’s a good thing - and I think once he finds his form, we’ll be flying.

“There’ll be a time when we have that little bump in the road and maybe we’ll have to rely on him. Maybe people will have to change their opinions.

“But I do think, if Mr Ancelotti wants to play you, you must be half-decent. If his job was on the line, there’d be a taxi outside Goodison tomorrow.”
Guess nev doesn’t watch much of us anymore then if he thinks it’s only 3 minutes in all that time

But that's relying, unfairly, on an attack scoring 4-5 every game which it won't.
I know. Though I would counter that by saying he doesn't make mistakes every game. But I'm being devil's advocate a bit in an attempt to stay positive. I was also being very selective in going just by this season as he was solid in the one game we only scored 1 goal against Spurs.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.