Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
The idea that somebody would be agree to a £25m 'loan fee' for not signing a Championship player after a one year loan is nonsense. Over the 8 months left of the season that's paying £3.2m per month for a player before wages. Over £700k per week.

Just no.

Someone on talksport just said there is "some truth" to the story

Some may be the key word of course

Yet he's scored 13 goals in his last 26 games for Turkey. Not saying he's great but he's better than you say he is
Not for this league he isnt, in my opinion.

He's decent in the box player, his all round game is very poor unfortunately, and doesn't have the pace or movement to be decent in the prem.

Although he's a bit like the Turkish Glenn Murray, if you put it on a plate for him he'll score more often than not.

Not crap, not amazing. Just ok.

True, but that was why Kean was a problem. We needed a decent option to come in/on and do a job without it being a massive drop off and he didn't seem to be able to do it, so getting him out to get someone else in made sense. Getting him out and not bringing anyone else doesn't though, because there's no improvement. While Kean wasn't brilliant by any stretch, he did score some goals and get a couple of assists. It was nowhere near enough, obviously, but he was at least an option. Same applies to Walcott.

Our difficulty is though, in a system which is essentially 1 up top how do you get someone in who's just going to be a back up? To an extent we found this under Lukaku and Spurs had similar with Kane.

If Calvert Lewin gets injured we play Richarlinson as the 9. We gamble they both don't get injured. It would be unfortunate in the 2.5 months before if that happened.

I know it's not roundly popular, but someone like King, who can play across the front for on a short term deal makes some sense. Maybe we look to do something with Milik on a pre-contract agreement for the summer? I'm sure we spin things with Kean, but in reality he's not coming back here.

bit disappointed if no attacker (winger/striker) is coming in. I know we have cover but a long term injury to Richarlison and or DCL and we will struggle in my opinion. Because there will ber games where we need to rotate or bring on a different option

True, but that was why Kean was a problem. We needed a decent option to come in/on and do a job without it being a massive drop off and he didn't seem to be able to do it, so getting him out to get someone else in made sense. Getting him out and not bringing anyone else doesn't though, because there's no improvement. While Kean wasn't brilliant by any stretch, he did score some goals and get a couple of assists. It was nowhere near enough, obviously, but he was at least an option. Same applies to Walcott.

There is no improvement but there is also no real loss. I don't see why Gordon or Iwobi cant offer more than Walcott for example and honestly you could put Simms in and probably get the same output as we got from Kean.

Or it's finally Sandro's time to shine....

Status
Not open for further replies.