Match Thread Crystal Palace v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know it is good when you get an email from a red saying we were jammy .I told him yes it is never too late to learn-how it feels getting dodgy decisions the way they have for many years .
A great feeling winning when we really didn't do enough to justify it ,times they are a-changing .

We won ugly and things were scrappy in the second half, which was disappointing because I thought we would run away with it. Still, I'm happy with the 3 points.

The new interpretation of handball is stupid, imo, and we will probably suffer from it ourselves one day. It was supposed to simplify it for the referees, but it's worse
and just as inconsistent as before and VAR hasn't helped. The header that hit Ward's arm was never going to be a goal or an assist and it wasn't intentional. The
only circumstance I can think of that would've justified the pen' would've been if he had been on or near the goal line and the ball was going in.

I saw an pen' given recently when a player was hit in the same place as Ward in the first appeal that was given. You wait, we're going to see this farcical handball
ruling again and again.

I'm really excited by us atm, top six is our limit but reading the press today you can't half tell the red sh*te fans,....Jonathan Liew as usual let's his personal prejudices underlie the tone of his report...

'Are they going to win the Premier League this season? Are they going to win it next season or the one after that? No, no, and a thousand times no'

So state the obvious and enjoy yourself refuting any such suggestion, as if anyone seriously considered it. Knobhead

I'm really excited by us atm, top six is our limit but reading the press today you can't half tell the red sh*te fans,....Jonathan Liew as usual let's his personal prejudices underlie the tone of his report...

'Are they going to win the Premier League this season? Are they going to win it next season or the one after that? No, no, and a thousand times no'

So state the obvious and enjoy yourself refuting any such suggestion, as if anyone seriously considered it. Knobhead

Wouldn’t worry too much what the press think mate. We as fans should just enjoy what’s happening currently. We’ve been deprived of excitement for too long. Let’s keep it up and see where it takes us.

Wouldn’t worry too much what the press think mate. We as fans should just enjoy what’s happening currently. We’ve been deprived of excitement for too long. Let’s keep it up and see where it takes us.

Exactly, tbf it was more to do with how certain journalists tend to see everything through red tinted glasses.

Darren Lewis, Jonathan Liew and psuedo red Oliver Holt to name just the more notorious and obvious ones.

He’s a Spurs fan, so he’s still beeling from week 1 mate.

I couldn’t give a monkey’s what biased hacks think tbh, they’re irrelevant.

Ironically, the more they tell us we should stay in our lane, the more enjoyable it becomes.

He’s a Spurs fan, so he’s still beeling from week 1 mate.

I couldn’t give a monkey’s what biased hacks think tbh, they’re irrelevant.

Ironically, the more they tell us we should stay in our lane, the more enjoyable it becomes.
To be fair I thought his report was much more entertaining than Andy Hunter's usual boring fact fest.

What better sides are there this year though - I'm seeing fragile 'big' teams all over the place so far! Palace were solid and difficult for most of the game, not surprised they have Man Utd a tonking last week actually.

Brighton game will be very tough IMO

Exactly, tbf it was more to do with how certain journalists tend to see everything through red tinted glasses.

Darren Lewis, Jonathan Liew and psuedo red Oliver Holt to name just the more notorious and obvious ones.

Not sure what Simon Burnton's allegiance is, but he was on a podcast this week blaming us (i.e. the club) for Pickford now being a liability. He said he was so good at Sunderland because he was allowed to distribute the ball quickly to the man up top (Defoe) and now we don't let him do that we've negated his strength and turned him into a shell of the goalkeeper he used to be lol

We were second best for most parts of the game, but that was to do with how Palace set up and played rather than us having an off day. We all knew before the game what Palace are capable of doing and we somehow managed to stop them bursting away at will and limiting them to mostly long crosses and free kicks. Our defence did well to regain possession when the did get in the box. It was a day for our defence this game, any other season we’d have drawn or lost. Another 3 points gained and we’re beginning to get points when we haven’t played well. Things have changed!

As regards 'deliberate' or not, I clearly remember a penalty being given against Johnny Fullam of Shamrock Rovers in the late 70s, when the ball bounced up awkwardly off a bone hard pitch and struck his upper arm. No attempt to play it with his arm.

Woy and the 'pundits' are a bit over the top on this, probably because it is Everton. If that had been the RS, Ward would probably have been red carded.

Brighton game will be very tough IMO

Not sure what Simon Burnton's allegiance is, but he was on a podcast this week blaming us (i.e. the club) for Pickford now being a liability. He said he was so good at Sunderland because he was allowed to distribute the ball quickly to the man up top (Defoe) and now we don't let him do that we've negated his strength and turned him into a shell of the goalkeeper he used to be lol

The media in this country are a joke. Yes, his handling has gone to pot coz we don’t let him hit 70 yard zingers to dcl. Crazy talk.

Haha what a sad act. Are Leicester going to win the league? No chance... Oh wait they did. You can't say anything with absolute certainty in football especially not 3 years down the line

Status
Not open for further replies.