2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wonder what he actually feels about being at our club, does he believe? Is it just the wage packet?

Why would he not be invested, he's brought in all his favourite players, the fans to the boardroom all know how important he is to the club. We keep winning games in the biggest league in the world. Why on earth would he be down on the club/project before him?

I actually think we need someone "bigger" than the club to rid us of our insecurities that have accrued over years of failure; up to and including the idea that we are cursed etc. Now that we actually have good leadership we can stop clinging that nonsense. In short- doesn't need to be fanatically obsessed with how we did in the 80s- he's Carlo Ancelotti and he seems invested enough to me.

Is that your interpretation? It is not mine! I like the man very much not since HK and HC have we had a MANAGER.
He's an Italian who has won it all around europe. He has been sold a project, is doing a job and doing it well. He's not here because he is a closet blue. I don't care either way as long as he keeps doing what he's doing. If we were to consistently underperform (like the previous jokers), I wouldn't care if he was the world's biggest everton fan. Questions would be asked.

Thankfully, he's boss.

He's been given the chance to build his own team at a family club as he said himself, he will get time and funds, I think he wants this challenge and wants to prove he is the Don

I agree, I think he's had enough of the headaches of "top" clubs and wants the time, space and backing to do it his way without the drama. He clearly saw what we had and what we needed, got the backing to meet those needs, and three games in has us top of the league with a scalp taken away at a top 6 side.

He's inarguably a top 10 world manager on accomplishments (and for me he's top 5) and he's showing it fixture after fixture. If you'd told us this was possible a year ago, we'd have told you to slow down a bit on the drugs.

Wonder what he actually feels about being at our club, does he believe? Is it just the wage packet?
Of course the money will have attracted him, but I’d like to think the challenge of managing us in the premier league again was a factor. Add in the welcome he has received (never received one like it at any other club) the adulation of the supporters, I think he is very happy here. Of course our start helps, but this summer, he has been allowed to get the players he wants to the club. I really sense he relishes and enjoys the challenging of pushing us forward to challenge the bigger clubs again.

Has Carlo Ancelotti lost weight?... He looks like he's lost weight.

Looks like it to me. I'll just say it - that could be a comment on English food.

More likely, he's gotten away from some starch-heavy southern Italian favorites and is eating better in part because he can't get them "done right" in England.

Status
Not open for further replies.