Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Diangana where was Coleman? I imagine hes supposed to be marking the left winger...aside from that all Mina could do were 3 things;

1: Win the ball
2: Take the player out
3: Back off and try to shepherd him

He chose option 3 and he should have chosen option 2 in hindsight.

What would Keane have done?
Not to belabor this any further, but can you explain why option #1 wouldn’t be the ideal outcome? Surely we should be able to expect our defenders to win the ball off attackers? And he didn’t even try to shepherd him - he literally jumped out of the way of the shot. Check the replay again if you didn’t notice this. I’m not even a Mina hater, but the way he dealt with that was awful.

Not to belabor this any further, but can you explain why option #1 wouldn’t be the ideal outcome? Surely we should be able to expect our defenders to win the ball off attackers? And he didn’t even try to shepherd him - he literally jumped out of the way of the shot. Check the replay again if you didn’t notice this. I’m not even a Mina hater, but the way he dealt with that was awful.
I don’t think dealing with those situations will be our CB’s strengths, but Keane probably would have done better in that instance as he couldn’t have done any worse than Mina there.

I do think we gave away a few too many cheap counter attacks which we need to clean up. Neither Mina or Keane should be left for dead against a pacy attacker like that. Just need to be that bit sharper in the future.

Hes not crap. I reckon he would make a decent all round centre back...but i think he would rotate with coleman 2 seasons till colemans contract expires then (if coleman leaves) he drops to backup and we need to sign a rb again.

Id rather we signed someone better than coleman or who can be better in a year or two

Sorry *right back lol late here

Status
Not open for further replies.