2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way he's transformed the attack in 5-6 weeks is magnificent.

Everything is 2 touch and pass, forward passing, and clinical.

Clear today that we've got a big gulf in being ready, as they scored two really soft goals. Soft free kick for the second and the standing off on the first was abysmal.

But Everton, Everton, Top of the league!
Cheers Don Carlo!

The way he's transformed the attack in 5-6 weeks is magnificent.

Everything is 2 touch and pass, forward passing, and clinical.

Clear today that we've got a big gulf in being ready, as they scored two really soft goals. Soft free kick for the second and the standing off on the first was abysmal.

But Everton, Everton, Top of the league!
Cheers Don Carlo!

Gulf is still big. Said last week we have a good side attacking wise(top 6) but still have a mid to bottom ish half defence.
But he's a multiple winner so he knows the score. For us being starved of anything decent for years we'll ride it. But ancelotti doesnt think along them lines.
He'll have his eyes on better defenders and a keeper.

Carlo protects his players in the pressers. I always take what he says with a pinch of salt. We have already seen what Carlo really thinks of our players & actions speak louder than words. When he was asked about our strength in depth I almost laughed as these players now benched were deemed not good enough & replaced.

I never take pressers at face value. I used to never miss one when I was younger I’d hang on every word the manger spoke as if they were speaking their mind 100% and it was a genuine read of how things are.

It’s just a poker game with the media at the end of the day. Interviews are just pr opportunities.

Gulf is still big. Said last week we have a good side attacking wise(top 6) but still have a mid to bottom ish half defence.
But he's a multiple winner so he knows the score. For us being starved of anything decent for years we'll ride it. But ancelotti doesnt think along them lines.
He'll have his eyes on better defenders and a keeper.

It's little things you can teach, which are our main mistakes. These players will need to adapt, I don't expect that overnight.

Yerry Mina not jumping for that free kick is a perfect example of stupid defending. It's a basic, and he turns away. But you can coach that into players. The defence definitely needs Holgate back in it, because Mina and Keane worry me, even if Keane was a lot more solid than Mina today.

The midfielder support for the opening goal was poor too to be fair, but no way Carlo is having that again.

It's little things you can teach, which are our main mistakes. These players will need to adapt, I don't expect that overnight.

Yerry Mina not jumping for that free kick is a perfect example of stupid defending. It's a basic, and he turns away. But you can coach that into players. The defence definitely needs Holgate back in it, because Mina and Keane worry me, even if Keane was a lot more solid than Mina today.

The midfielder support for the opening goal was poor too to be fair, but no way Carlo is having that again.

Tbh mate i think most need replacing. It depends what we want. Mina keane and pickford is not a strong spine. Certainly not if we want to really kick on.
I cant see ancelotti not dipping into the market for these positions. Wether it be this or next window. He's italian. They hate conceading.

Status
Not open for further replies.