Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
There won't be much chance of anything concrete happening on anymore ins, probably until the last 48 hours of the window. So not much point in fretting.

We have done our main business and done it relatively early which is more than I expected.

I think we can expect to get one more in, anything more than that is a bonus. If we could add an RW on top then in terms of the work done and support for the manager in tough times, I don't think anyone could ask for anymore.

As it is it's hard to argue with our business, with the 3 lads signed and Nkounkou looking very positive on top.

There won't be much chance of anything concrete happening on anymore ins, probably until the last 48 hours of the window. So not much point in fretting.

We have done our main business and done it relatively early which is more than I expected.

I think we can expect to get one more in, anything more than that is a bonus. If we could add an RW on top then in terms of the work done and support for the manager in tough times, I don't think anyone could ask for anymore.

As it is it's hard to argue with our business, with the 3 lads signed and Nkounkou looking very positive on top.
I think we’ll deffo get a CB in, probably on loan. Hope we can pull something else out of the bag but tbh I’d just be pleased if we sold some of the dross.

I think we’ll deffo get a CB in, probably on loan. Hope we can pull something else out of the bag but tbh I’d just be pleased if we sold some of the dross.

Can’t say I’ll be happy if we only get CB cover.

Our RB options are poor and so is our RW option after James is Theo Walcott.

I don’t know how anyone can be happy with that?

Playing devils advocate here but what’s the point signing 2 world class players at 29 and not adding quality around them?

We have added stardust to a pile of rotting toilet produce normally you add stardust to a good but not quite there football team.
We've managed zero outs so far it's plain to see why we can't bring in more.

Agreed, Good Sir.

I think this will be it for incomings now until (hopefully) a flurry in both directions on TDD.

If I were a gambling man, I'd say:

Incoming:

RB - loan (similar to Sidibe in terms of deal structure)
RW - loan or young, cheap prospect á la Nkounkou
CB - loan

Outgoing:

Bolasie - Champo loan
Tosun - Palace or Turkey
Sandro - Middling La Liga team, probably loan
Besic - Champo loan to see out his contract or minimal fee for perm
Gibson - Champo (or maybe even Fulham) loan, depending on JB's condition

I would LIKE to see more out, but I just can't see there being takers for Davies in any capacity and, while I think Walcott might get some suitors, I think Carlo likes him, or at least hates him less than I do.
Based on what Tocsun said, he won’t be leaving till January. He’s not fit.

It’s all relative I guess. I’m much happier with the squad now than I was 3 weeks ago.

Yeah mate that’s fine am happy with the signings but I am looking at injuries and so forth our squad as a whole isn’t good enough.

We just can’t rest on our laurels and let the signings be in vain.

I do get though we need to shift a lot of deadwood on.

Playing devils advocate here but what’s the point signing 2 world class players at 29 and not adding quality around them?

We have added stardust to a pile of rotting toilet produce normally you add stardust to a good but not quite there football team.
I see it differently. My opinion is that we have a a good striker in DCL, and a potentially world class one in Richie who was receiving poor service from the midfield. We have a good defence who were being overworked because the midfield was so porous. You bring the midfield from a 1.5 to an 8.5 and the entire team dynamics improves immeasurably.

I see it differently. My opinion is that we have a a good striker in DCL, and a potentially world class one in Richie who was receiving poor service from the midfield. We have a good defence who were being overworked because the midfield was so porous. You bring the midfield from a 1.5 to an 8.5 and the entire team dynamics improves immeasurably.

Fair enough I think we 2-3 short challenging for a top 6 place as it stands.

James get an injury and we will struggle badly

Status
Not open for further replies.