Match Thread Everton v Salford City, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gordon and Nkounkou gonna be nice options as backup

...they are, Matey.

it’s not so much of a surprise with Gordon, he demonstrated enough quality and team discipline last season to know he could make the step-up, but Nkounkou really looks the part, particularly in the attacking third where he comfortably goes past opponents and exploits the space behind the back four.

Looks like Brands has unearthed a gem.

Nkounkou, Gordon, Bernard and Siggy are the only 2nd stream players I can see are good enough to support the first team with playing time.
The rest just aren't good enough unfortunately. We defo need a better back up striker.

That was painful to watch, real throw back to last season where the ball went backwards constantly.

What was with the complete lack of celebration when the 2nd went in. All looks like we scored a consolation goal

That was painful to watch, real throw back to last season where the ball went backwards constantly.

What was with the complete lack of celebration when the 2nd went in. All looks like we scored a consolation goal
Couldn't agree more. Can't understand those who praise Bernard. No end product like Walcott. Only on on the pitch who can fight for a start in PL was Nkoukou, Gordon, Kenny and Sigurdsson (beside Keane and Digne of course).

...they are, Matey.

it’s not so much of a surprise with Gordon, he demonstrated enough quality and team discipline last season to know he could make the step-up, but Nkounkou really looks the part, particularly in the attacking third where he comfortably goes past opponents and exploits the space behind the back four.

Looks like Brands has unearthed a gem.
Think Nkounkou could be an option in any position on that left hand side. Pace and power, easily goes past people. Early days but looked so good. Now if only we could unearth a similar RB,!

How can that be painful to watch grumps?

Yes it was a bit of a comedown after Saturday, but that was the best we've played probably since Arsenal at home in Martinez first season

We had 30 odd attempts on goal, scored 3, hit the woodwork umpteen times and witnessed 2 teenagers run them ragged down the left hand side.

How can that be painful to watch grumps?

Yes it was a bit of a comedown after Saturday, but that was the best we've played probably since Arsenal at home in Martinez first season

We had 30 odd attempts on goal, scored 3, hit the woodwork umpteen times and witnessed 2 teenagers run them ragged down the left hand side.

This. Last night has properly opened my eyes to the fact that some of our fans will moan about anything.

It was a solid professional performance with some good showings from our young players.

Overall that was a vert straight forward win, much to Sky’s disappointment.

The positives

Gordon is the perfect cover for Richarlison on the left. He’s an incredible young talent and he’ll learn a lot this season from the likes of Richie and Rodriguez and the fact he’s not going to be first choice this year will ease expectations on the lad which is a good thing. The last few times we’ve had a promising talent they’ve buckled under the weight of expectation so hopefully Gordon can progress at his own pace without calls for him to start every game and just keep improving.

Nkoukou showed he;s ready now to be Dignes cover. I love that he’s completely different to Digne and Baines too. My man of the match.

Keane again was very solid and a great goal.

Firmly in the middle is Gylfi, now I got some stick for not praising him enough on twitter but I think what I said was fair. When he has time and the ball at his feet he can be brilliant. The problem is when he’ doesn’t have the ball, certainly in defensive situations he just disappears and better teams, prem teams won’t give him that time. He looked decent against league 2 opposition which is the minimum you’d expect from him. On a side note fair play for giving the penalty to Kean.

The negatives

Davies poor again. He lost the ball within the first 30 seconds and I lost count of the number of times he would go forward with the ball and then turn and pass it back to Keane. Chalk and cheese with the likes of Allan and Doucoure at the weekend who were progressive and driving forward. Again this is league 2 opposition and he should have been bossing that midfield.

Kenny…. Bang average. Totally shown up by Nkoukou on the left, if you asked me which one had prem experience and had spent a season playing first team in Germany it wouldn’t have been him. Getting a better RB has to be a priority now.

Kean – I just don’t get him. I don’t get what he does. He can’t hold up the ball, he doesn’t run, when it was handed to him on a plate he fluffed it. I get his confidence is down but again League 2 opposition. He should have run those CB’s ragged. You’re playing for the right to line up with the likes of Rodriguez but he looks so disinterested! If an offer came in or we could trade him to fill a position we need I’d get rid.

Walcott – he’s done. RB and CB are top priorities especially with Branthwiate now out too but we have no back up options on the RW if Rodriguez is out. I’m not a fan of Bolasie but why wasn’t he playing tonight, I don’t think he’s good enough but you can’t tell me he’s any worse than Theo.

In an ideal world we’d get another RB, CB and RW and that would be an amazing window. Striker too if Kean goes.

Once Nkonkou is added to the three debutants from last Sunday, the incomings for this transfer window surely demonstrate this as our most productive window of the Moshiri era. Well done Carlo and Marcel and thank you Mosh/Uz. Perhaps balance on the right (RB and RW) is still needed to provide the same level of insurance we saw on the left overnight. Assuming JB is only a short term absence, we may be ok at CB for this season if finances are tight.

Now back to the task in hand of clearing the deadbeats. If we can shift sufficient of these passengers, then a CB too please.

This. Last night has properly opened my eyes to the fact that some of our fans will moan about anything.

It was a solid professional performance with some good showings from our young players.

when does our second string ever secure a comfortable win ? We don’t ,a couple of youngsters doing well and job done . How people aren’t happy I’m not really sure .

Kenny…. Bang average. Totally shown up by Nkoukou on the left, if you asked me which one had prem experience and had spent a season playing first team in Germany it wouldn’t have been him. Getting a better RB has to be a priority now.

Kenny did just fine. Solid defensively, put some crosses in, was unlucky with a shot.

He is perfectly acceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.