Return of fans to stadiums to be controlled by Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough, but he said it late last week as his optimistic timelines, so I am assuming it's lies until proven otherwise
I would'nt believe a single word out of that rats mouth.
Or any of this governments ministers.
They have messed up from day one and cost 10's of thousands of lives.
I prefer to take it 1st hand from the likes of Proffesor Gilbert , the lead in the Oxford Vaccine.

The vaccine has been produced and ready for distribution , the only thing we are waiting on is the completion of the trials.
As said earlier in its final phase before it is licensed .

As the R rate is rising rapidly , its now a race against time. Opening stadiums up would be like throwing petrol on the flames.

Again this is the ONLY way back to some sort of normality.

Maybe take some time to look at the actual figures

They are rising and will continue rise the more we try to return to normality, it's simply not possible to rely on "hope" to get us through this

Thanks mate, but I look at them pretty much every day. Thankfully we are in so much better a place than in April and May, as shown by the stats.

Yes there's been a slight increase in last fortnight or so, but hopefully that will start to settle down after the initial reaction to the schools starting, more back at work etc. What I see numbers wise gives me hope for the future. Now is the time to start getting supporters back, maybe every 1 in 4 or 5 seats filled and hopefully further progress can then be made by the turn of the year.

Thanks mate, but I look at them pretty much every day. Thankfully we are in so much better a place than in April and May, as shown by the stats.

Yes there's been a slight increase in last fortnight or so, but hopefully that will start to settle down after the initial reaction to the schools starting, more back at work etc. What I see numbers wise gives me hope for the future. Now is the time to start getting supporters back, maybe every 1 in 4 or 5 seats filled and hopefully further progress can then be made by the turn of the year.

Yes there's been a slight increase in last fortnight or so, but hopefully that will start to settle down after the initial reaction to the schools starting, more back at work etc.

Don't take this offensively but you're living in a fantasy land if you think things will settle down with things opening up and slowly trying to return to normal, things are going to get worse over winter

And I work in the music industry so I know first hand the effect this virus on my industry and how it is basically decimating it, I still would support another lockdown if it meant lives were saved and NHS doesn't get overwhelmed, which they will if we keep on track especially with this joke of a government at the helm.

Unfortunately there's no easy way to solve this but a return to normality is guaranteed to bring more deaths, even with everyone wearing masks, you're entitled to your opinion but "hope" is not enough to back it up when the science says you're wrong

I would'nt believe a single word out of that rats mouth.
Or any of this governments ministers.
They have messed up from day one and cost 10's of thousands of lives.
I prefer to take it 1st hand from the likes of Proffesor Gilbert , the lead in the Oxford Vaccine.

The vaccine has been produced and ready for distribution , the only thing we are waiting on is the completion of the trials.
As said earlier in its final phase before it is licensed .

As the R rate is rising rapidly , its now a race against time. Opening stadiums up would be like throwing petrol on the flames.

Again this is the ONLY way back to some sort of normality.

Re Government - I would 100% agree with every word you say, but where I get nervous is anything to do with a vacine. The reality is despite optimism, no one really knows when we will have solid vaccine, how successfully it can be distributed & how long it will take to be confident of immunity on a National / Global level, never mind the assumption that it would be fairly distributed through society.

Personally don’t think ballot is the right way, you’re gonna get some who are lucky get get 4/5 games and some who are unlucky who make every game.

Personally feel an opt in service would be sound. If we were allowed 5,000 per game and we had had 20,000 who opted in, I’d just random generate the first 5,000 and so on, and keep rotating that way.

In a hypothetical season where we could have went to every game that means 3/4 get 5 games in the season and just 5,000 get 4 games.

A ballot has never been a fair way to do it.

How else could it be done?

So are you suggesting that someone lucky enough to get balloted for a couple of games be excluded from other ballots???

If you do that, what do you think will happen? You’ll have some who will only opt in for a handful of big games. Should these cherry pickers have preference over fans who’ll go to every game?

Re Government - I would 100% agree with every word you say, but where I get nervous is anything to do with a vacine. The reality is despite optimism, no one really knows when we will have solid vaccine, how successfully it can be distributed & how long it will take to be confident of immunity on a National / Global level, never mind the assumption that it would be fairly distributed through society.
Well the only people I trust are the ones in charge of the vaccine , and if they are confident its very close then thats good enough for me.( its the only hope we have in this sorry mess)
Btw there are vaccines that have been passed and circulated in China & Russia but they will have not been meticulously trialed like here.
So until then its mitigating threat , and to me that includes mass gatherings in stadiums.

Interesting to see how they manage the voluntary opt in or opt out per game and ballot.

I'd like to think if you opt in and succeed you can't get a ticket for another fixture till all others have attended a game.

So you think it’s fair that someone who only opts in for 5 big games should get preference over someone who opts in for all games?

So are you suggesting that someone lucky enough to get balloted for a couple of games be excluded from other ballots???

If you do that, what do you think will happen? You’ll have some who will only opt in for a handful of big games. Should these cherry pickers have preference over fans who’ll go to every game?

Yes.

I think people have a right to choose which games they go to.

Take my mate for example, his shift changes every 2 weeks and misses about 50% of games due to work.

You would exclude him.

And also you mentioned in your OP that some "pussies" might not want to go to some games due to covid.

I wouldn't go anywhere near Goodison at the moment, so would probably opt out for a period of time until I felt safe.

Auto populate a spreadsheet with 20,000 opt in

Draw a big line under every 5,000th person, and you have four lists.

That way if you’re in the first 5,000 you’d get games 1,5,9,13,18.

For example.

I also don’t agree that fans could opt in for “big” games only. It’s a privilege during a pandemic to even be allowed to go to a game. If someone turned their nose up at Burnley at home, then they clearly aren’t bothered about watching Everton.

Yes.

I think people have a right to choose which games they go to.

Take my mate for example, his shift changes every 2 weeks and misses about 50% of games due to work.

You would exclude him.

And also you mentioned in your OP that some "pussies" might not want to go to some games due to covid.

I wouldn't go anywhere near Goodison at the moment, so would probably opt out for a period of time until I felt safe.

- Yes, people have the right to pick & choose games. Of course they do.
BUT....they should not get any advantage over others who opt in for every game!

- I have no issue with anyone being nervous of crowds due to fear of covid!
What I said was I don’t want to see some fanny who can’t make the West Brom game suddenly deciding they’re immune for the derby.

Status
Not open for further replies.