Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jose's M.O. mate.

You can see what was built there breaking up, very shortly.
Hindsight is a great thing, fair enough if they wanted to get rid of Potch (a mistake in my eyes and also two spurs fans I know at the time) but to replace him with Mourinho was always going to end in tears. After 1-2 years, I don’t know if it is his managerial style but there is always an acrimonious break up with any club he’s been at.

Hindsight is a great thing, fair enough if they wanted to get rid of Potch (a mistake in my eyes and also two spurs fans I know at the time) but to replace him with Mourinho was always going to end in tears. After 1-2 years, I don’t know if it is his managerial style but there is always an acrimonious break up with any club he’s been at.

Not sure its hindsight mate, i think the popular opinion was its was a stupid decsion.

The man took Spurs to a CL final a few months before and had made the clubs 100's of millions in developing players. Spurs played good ball under him and he was all around sound. They won the lottery with Poch really and under appreciated him in my opinion.

They have gone on to make stupid decisions since and all of their players have regressed in my opinion. All stems from sacking Poch.

Poch will go on and out grow Spurs, of that im pretty certain, he is on the rise and they are on the slide.

How does Bailey compare to Zaha? Never seen Bailey but we seem to have been linked with him.
I think you could argue a case for both, Bailey is younger at 23,has a better goals to games ratio, but has no premier league experience. Zaha can play multiple positions LW, RW, up front and gives more options than Bailey

His public slagging of players does not help.

Good luck to them, something rotten at Spurs, they've made a series of poor decisions all the way from sacking Poch forward. Relative success went to their heads.
For a couple of seasons running they were the best side to visit goodison - purposeful, athletic, skilful with superior tactics. Everything i wanted us to be - but they’ve ballsed it up by not investing in that side and are now they’re nearing the end of this cycle they’re ended up with no trophies - poor for a team of that ability.

How old is bale - 31? - £300k a week for a player whose game is based on pace - sounds a very un-levy like desperate gamble. They looked short in centre mid and defence to me on sunday - winks hojberg dier arent’t going to propel them to the top.

Look the most vulnerable of the “sky 6” to me

For a couple of seasons running they were the best side to visit goodison - purposeful, athletic, skilful with superior tactics. Everything i wanted us to be - but they’ve ballsed it up by not investing in that side and are now they’re nearing the end of this cycle they’re ended up with no trophies - poor for a team of that ability.

How old is bale - 31? - £300k a week for a player whose game is based on pace - sounds a very un-levy like desperate gamble. They looked short in centre mid and defence to me on sunday - winks hojberg dier arent’t going to propel them to the top.

I can see Spurs signing Bale paying him 250-300k. Kane marching straight up to Levy demanding they same, not getting it and putting in a transfer request

You wouldnt put it past Jose to sneak the league cup or something, but he will do it at a grind, getting in players of Bales profile. Ultmately the natives will get restless there.

I agree, another huge mistake was selling Christen Eriksen and not replacing him, he was the heart beat of that team and key to most they did.

I suspect Levy, sacked Poch to break up his team really, once the stadium was over the line, its all about the business now and sustaining that as his legacy and the debt they took on. Poch was to popular with the fans and often said transfers were down to Levy. Watch this team be broken up with Value replacements coming in, we are seeing it already frees, value deals and journey men.

Wholly expect Spurs to start the slow decline, this is the end of their cycle.

Last edited:

So who is it we will listen to offers for supposedly: Walcott, Iwobi, Sigurdsson, Kean, Delph, Tosun, Bolasie, Kenny, Besic. Am I missing anyone?

Of those, I think it would be madness to get rid of Kean yet. And even though I haven't been impressed at all, I would be surprised if we got rid of Iwobi having only given him one season.

If (huge if) we managed to sell the rest, surely we wouldn't get more than £45 million tops for the whole lot.

Delph I'm sure we would try and shift after one season because of his wages - and that transfer has been a disaster. Will someone pay him?

Can't see anyone taking Sigurdsson off our hands unfortunately.

We need to get a pacy wide man, an RB who can get up and down and a CB with pace - loans are fine. And if possible, a decent GK to push Pickford. If we can do that we can go far - but can we shift out what's above??

Status
Not open for further replies.