2020/21 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still needs to improve decision making when he's through on goal.

There was a point today where he got the ball past Dier, sprinted in on goal...then didn't know to shoot or lay it off.

It reminded me of Lukaku getting into those situations. Bully a defender, bomb in on goal. He used to make the right decisions in on goal...Dom needs to do that

....that goal shouldn’t be a surprise, he’s got a prodigious leap and physicality. That type of goal should be commonplace such is his aerial dominance, but whilst he gets on the end of crosses he doesn’t control and guide his headers like Cahill and Ferguson did.

Shortly after he came into the side he missed a sitter of a diving header in a game I was at in the Directors box at Hull. It was harder to miss than score and pictures showed he had his eyes closed at impact. He’s much improved, but there’s a whole load of goals for him if he can be more hit than miss in those situations.
Directors box hey ......you deserve it for your contributions on here ......

I think he still needs to improve his movement in the box. Bamford at Leeds is a terrible finisher but his movement is very good. Hopefully its something DCL can learn from somewhere.

There was a point today where he got the ball past Dier, sprinted in on goal...then didn't know to shoot or lay it off.

It reminded me of Lukaku getting into those situations. Bully a defender, bomb in on goal. He used to make the right decisions in on goal...Dom needs to do that
?
Our expensive striker missed an open goal but I will not criticise him as he worked his socks off today - in fact it was hard to name a MOTM .....we were that good it's a team game what a difference having a midfield made .......

Richarlison in that position wouldve been looking to get a shot away everytime. DCL needs to be greedier.

99 percent of his problems stem from not being able to dribble. You have to play him in stride or he bumbles it. If he can rectify that part of his game, he will be unplayable. A big if, but that’s what he needs to take the next step.

Status
Not open for further replies.