Match Thread Tottenham Hotspur v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
CARLO MOTD INTERVIEW

JOSE MOTD INTERVIEW

Carlo is a true class act. We are privileged to have him. He nailed it there with the 'collective' performance. Many positives from an i dividual perspective.

However my first real look at Rodriguez - OMG! His first touch is sublime, his close control is intuitive, and his vision and passing is like I've not seen in an Everton shirt since the days of Sheedy, Stevens, Bracewell. What an upgrade we've had, even on this first cameo performance.

Doucoure and Allan were superb.

James oozes class. He was knackered by the hour but kept going and that touch and then little lob over a defender late on was sublime.

Great goal from DCL and two great saves from Pickford. Rich worked hard without reward.

A really solid display. Lots to work on but a great start.

If we are to play 4-3-3, we just need to ensure we are getting a bit closer together when attacking. Today we could play mainly on the counter but at times we just looked overstretched. It'll come though, especially with a right-back who can get up and down hopefully coming in (as good as Coleman was defensively today).
I didn't realise that Rodriguez made so many interceptions too. See my post after yours for the Sqwaka tweet.

Great to see us keep the ball, control the tempo and have belief!!!- those 3 signings have given everyone else in the team a lift and changed the dynamics completely.
So many good performances from players today.....
Is it wrong that Im concerned that if one or two of those newbies were to get injured we then tail off?! ..-(therefore still hoping for a couple more signings of that ilk still on the cards)

I had a dream last night we won 1-0.

It should have been about 7/8 nil tbf but DCL missed some absolute sitters. I scored the winner though in the 79th minute and Arteta was gutted.

Yes I must add it was against Arsenal and not Spurs but I take it as a good sign that we'll win tomorrow 4-0 with DCL bagging a hattricks and laying one on for Rodriguez

@witchdoc187

Just like I predicted mate

(well maybe not all of it)

Good start in spite of so many new players. This should shut up those who say we never win at certain grounds. I know some on here will be upset because Pickford played well with two vital saves, although his distribution needs improving. Onwards and upwards.

Just wow, actually bruised my knees when Richie blazed it over.

In control the whole game, made them look average at best. Son completely missing 2nd half, didn't hear his name once.

I will say though I empathise with spurs fans @H.H. @Yid4life . If that was our lot at Goodison strolling around 1-0 down at home in the last 20 minutes I'd be livid. Attitude of your players were shockingly bad for the first game back. Supporters deserve better than that.

Supporters yes, club no. Levy furloughing whilst making the rich list, deserves relegation.

James... just wow. Edge of my seat every time he had the ball. What a player!

Allan and Doucoure did great, Gomes looked good alongside them.

What a day...

Status
Not open for further replies.