Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever his perceived qualities many Evertonians came to realise that Stones just isn’t a particularly good defender.
Pep took a couple of seasons to realise the same.
The England management have reached the same conclusion.
Even the nation media have weighed him and judged him lacking in many of the qualities desired in a defender.
His career has become one of diminishing returns.
Even his mentality is suspect.
Yet some people still cling to the bizarre myth that he is Bobby Moore reborn, and wish to saddle us with this serial failure once again.
Preposterous!

i'm just not sure when he has shown that he definitely would be.

16 PL apps last season when City showed no consistency - something Stones has been labelled with on a personal level
Then 42 appearances over the course of City's 2 dominant PL seasons prior.

He can't stay fit. Pep has said similar:

" There are players who can play every three days for 11 months, others struggle more to be fit and we try to find the key to playing every three days.”

“He has to be fit,” said Guardiola. “After two or three games he fell down and he cannot play. We tried to help him, we tried to do the best to help him since the first day of the three and a half years we are here. We do everything for him.

“He has the conditions to become one of the best, yeah. He has the conditions to do it, but to be the best central defender you have to play one entire season, every three days being there.

“He’s still young. As a player he has his future in front of him, it depends on him. It’s in his hands and in his head to become one of the best.”

I understand people saying that stuff like the above and the fact he hasn't kicked on for City means they don't want us to be lumbered with him. We've been there so many times.

A big no for me. Dont see the point, in buyng an injury prone player, actually thinking we got th ebest out of him and dodged a bullet. Doesnt sound like his head right either in terms of trust or confidence in his own body.

Agreed although by a few I’d like to see close to 10 gone

1. pennington
2. Delph
3. Bolasie
4. Sandro
5. Tosun

6. Lossl
7. Davies on loan
8. Besic

9. Gylfi

Iwobi, Walcott, Seamus, JJK are fine for squad cover but I’m guessing a lot of transfers out, especially for the type of player listed above will be done towards the end of the window

I'd say the ones in bold have to go.

Delph does need booting but just can't see anyone taking him, but, and I know I'll be crucified for this, before Allan and Doucoure came in, Delph was our best CM he's just never fit. If he could be a guy off the bench to help sure up the midfield in games or emergency left-back we could get something out of him this season.

And the same goes for Sigurdsson really, ideally sell but just can't see it. However, he still has some quality and still a better shot, cross and pass than most of the team so he could still bring something to the table, but he has to be phased out of the first 11 for sure.

Lossl, yeah, think he's just gonna see out his contract, personally I would like to see Pickford be booted but again it won't happen. Maybe if we did bring in a better alternative to Pickford e.g. Romero then maybe we could just offer Lossl back to Huddersfield on loan or for a nominal fee.

Why people talking about
It’s been stuck on a loop since Doucoure. People arguing over players we were linked with last summer, because there are no real transfer rumours at the minute.
Correct,Kind Sir. Waffling absolute nonsense about Bale and Zaha. The Forum peaked last week and now it just feels like it's going through a really painful and repetitive hangover.

Status
Not open for further replies.