Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have missed out on target 1 - Gabriel

Target 2 we assume is Tomori

The further we go down the list the likely worse the player they are hence we may or may not bother signing a CB in the first place.

Stones on loan as cover/rotate with Holgate is more than good enough.

Unless you genuinely think we are gonna be loaning Koulibaly or Van Dijk.
I dount Tomori is second on the list. Brands and Carlo see him as good option if we can get him on loan, as signing Allan, Doucoure and James has cost quite a bit of money in fees and wages.
I mean if we put 25 MIL on the table will get us Zouma, but we will be looking around for a good deal like someone on loan.

I dount Tomori is second on the list. Brands and Carlo see him as good option if we can get him on loan, as signing Allan, Doucoure and James has cost quite a bit of money in fees and wages.
I mean if we put 25 MIL on the table will get us Zouma, but we will be looking around for a good deal like someone on loan.
But he is second choice. Gabriel was our number 1 target with I’d guess Tomori as back up. If Chelsea don’t allow him to join us, I think we’ll go with what we’ve got at centre half.

But he is second choice. Gabriel was our number 1 target with I’d guess Tomori as back up. If Chelsea don’t allow him to join us, I think we’ll go with what we’ve got at centre half.
Nah. That's not how it works. You put out feelers for 5-6 players then follow up on the ones that you think you have the best chance of landing. We were probably encouraged by Gabriel's agent as he was trying to create interest. Now, we think Tomori is more viable as Chelsea have brought in another player ahead of him. The Club will always have irons in the fire, it's then a case of who wants to move, who will be allowed to move and when

Nah. That's not how it works. You put out feelers for 5-6 players then follow up on the ones that you think you have the best chance of landing. We were probably encouraged by Gabriel's agent as he was trying to create interest. Now, we think Tomori is more viable as Chelsea have brought in another player ahead of him. The Club will always have irons in the fire, it's then a case of who wants to move, who will be allowed to move and when
Yes of course there will be a shortlist for each position, but surely Carlo or Brands will prioritise who’s they want over the others e.g 1st choice, back up.
For instance for centre back they might have drawn up a shortlist of say
Stones, Gabriel, Tomori, Silva, Zouma etc etc. They wanted Gabriel as their number 1 target but couldn’t get him.

Yes of course there will be a shortlist for each position, but surely Carlo or Brands will prioritise who’s they want over the others e.g 1st choice, back up.
For instance for centre back they might have drawn up a shortlist of say
Stones, Gabriel, Tomori, Silva, Zouma etc etc. They wanted Gabriel as their number 1 target but couldn’t get him.
We have heard that Gabriel was over for a medical at FF in February(which really makes no sense)
Since then Gibson had a highly successful spell at Fleetwood and Branthwaite showed his potential in our own first team.

It maybe that management decided we didn't need to spend a lot of money on aa long term replacement because we already have those. Instead we need a short term solution for this season to allow Gibson and Branthwaite to further progress on loan.

We then could spend our transfer money in other areas.

We have missed out on target 1 - Gabriel

Target 2 we assume is Tomori

The further we go down the list the likely worse the player they are hence we may or may not bother signing a CB in the first place.

Stones on loan as cover/rotate with Holgate is more than good enough.

Unless you genuinely think we are gonna be loaning Koulibaly or Van Dijk.

Whether a player is on our list will have as much to do with their perceived availability as how good they are. In the time since we targeted Gabriel, I am sure other opportunities could have presented themselves. Plus, we’re a much better prospect to CBs now we don’t have a midfield made of candy floss.

Status
Not open for further replies.