Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
At no point did I suggest we could find 1st team ready kids. Chelsea have been doing it for years. Getting young player in & putting them out on loan. I’d rather we be doing that than chucking millions at our competitors.
I think this was possibly the intention when Brands came in. Follow the Chelsea mantra but on a smaller scale. The problem is the mess that Brands was left in by Koeman & co, a ridiculous wage bill and a dozen players on the books that nobody else wants.

He found himself in a situation where he had limited budget, both in terms of fees and wages, and that he had to concentrate on bringing in players that were first team ready.

That is not Brands fault.

My reading of this, is that while some interest may have been shown, that it's being pushed from the seller. You can smell the desperation actually, that they want a bigger sale and want Everton to pay bigger.

We have seen, Brands and Everton won't. Almost every deal is a pretty low fee comapred to what the buyers request.

So either it doenst happen, or it happens at the price mentioned.

I think signing Gomes, for anything like the price mentioned would be a very very shrewd move. If Richarlinson leaves next season for big money, you have a replacement ready. A replacement who's had a year to acclimatise, and one who has big potential.

I would say, if it gets done, it gets done late. Lets see where Valencia are in 3 weeks, as the window shutting approches and they may need more sales. Maybe they sell others, or maybe it doesn't get so tight, but my suspicion is they will still need cash.This lad at under £20m in my view is a steal.

I think this was possibly the intention when Brands came in. Follow the Chelsea mantra but on a smaller scale. The problem is the mess that Brands was left in by Koeman & co, a ridiculous wage bill and a dozen players on the books that nobody else wants.

He found himself in a situation where he had limited budget, both in terms of fees and wages, and that he had to concentrate on bringing in players that were first team ready.

That is not Brands fault.

It should also be said Brands has signed Virginnia, Kean, Brainthwaite and Nkondou already. We have also made space in the squad for Gordon, and it looks like there's a desire fro Simms and Gibson to join that list.

I'd like us to be more aggressive. Once the academy ban is over that will help. But there are some examples of what people want.

That tells us everything. Imagine a striker's output of 5 goals being acceptable
I don't think that 5 is an acceptable target for Kean this season. However if he does spend the season as second string striker to DCL and Richarlison, I think it's lunacy to expect the lad to score more than 10. In fact 40 league goals from the 3, with DCL and Charlie getting 15+ each, and Kean getting into double figures, would represent an excellent return.

What sort of figures do you think they should be returning?

For sure.

Look, if next season we finish in the top 7 we will have made massive improvement on last season.

The striking options we have are OK. Our defence is pretty reasonable with some good young players.

Our midfield was dog dirt so we spent £60m on it.

I remember being a bit disappointed in Koeman's first season, thinking we could have achieved a bit more. Looking back we did very well. A repeat performance would be a good starting point and the hope has to be with Ancelotti entering his 3rd year and Brands his 4th we wouldn't throw it all away in quite the same manner.

I also think, if we actually get off to a good start for once, a bit like we did that season, the optimism levels and confidence will go through the roof. That's been part of the problem, we just haven't been able to get any momentum going at all. People are quite optimistic on the back of the worst league finish in 17 years and that lot winning the league and European cup. Can you imagine where we will be if we are say 5th at Christmas? Things start to fall into place a bit.

It should also be said Brands has signed Virginnia, Kean, Brainthwaite and Nkondou already. We have also made space in the squad for Gordon, and it looks like there's a desire fro Simms and Gibson to join that list.

I'd like us to be more aggressive. Once the academy ban is over that will help. But there are some examples of what people want.
Absolutely. I'm liking what I've seen of Nkondou so far. He's very dynamic and so comfortable in possession for a powerful guy. I think we may see a lot of him in the first team this season and wouldn't be surprised to see both him and Digne in the pitch at the same time.

Absolutely. I'm liking what I've seen of Nkondou so far. He's very dynamic and so comfortable in possession for a powerful guy. I think we may see a lot of him in the first team this season and wouldn't be surprised to see both him and Digne in the pitch at the same time.

We seem to be avoiding buying fillers in the squad which is good. So when spots become available younger players get the chance.

He looks perfect for the wingback role should Carlo ever go to 3 at the back. However we have nothing of the same quality at RB in starting terms or back up.

Don't want him.His name sounds like a new car launched by SEAT.

If we got Charlie Austin to play up front with him...

Austin_Maxi_1980.jpg

My Prediction is a loan for a CB that can play left back and that’s it.
Outs for Delph, Bernard, Bolasie, Sandro, Besic. Gibson and Branthwaite loaned out.

Time to bail the following:

Besic
Bolasie
Pennington
Connolly
Sigurdsson
Delph
Tosun
Baningime
Walcott
Sandro
I’d sell Walcott for the right price but he’s better than iwobi imo

I’d also sell Pickford but don’t think any club would pay our valuation which is probably in excess of 30 mil

bit pricey for 19th worst goalkeeper in the prem based on shots to goals percentages

Status
Not open for further replies.