Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was reported in the media in the summer that Brands was annoyed about media knowledge of our targets etc. Wouldn’t surprise me if the club was keeping things very close and maybe feeding a bit of misinformation, or playing down our plans. I don’t expect any more major signings but if the right player is available at the right price who knows.
There will be more major signings.

But after the social media fest surounding the 3 signings in the Titanic and restaurants over the weekend dont expect leaks until they are virtually done.
Bet Brands was seething over it.

Expect RB , Winger and another forward if Kean goes.
Wouldnt rule out a keeper either.

There will be more major signings.

But after the social media fest surounding the 3 signings in the Titanic and restaurants over the weekend dont expect leaks until they are virtually done.
Bet Brands was seething over it.

Expect RB , Winger and another forward if Kean goes.
Wouldnt rule out a keeper either.
Gremio Winger. Pepe linked. 23 yrs old.

It was reported in the media in the summer that Brands was annoyed about media knowledge of our targets etc. Wouldn’t surprise me if the club was keeping things very close and maybe feeding a bit of misinformation, or playing down our plans. I don’t expect any more major signings but if the right player is available at the right price who knows.
I’m expecting at least 2 more first team signings after Tomori
A RB and either a winger or a CF
I would lean towards a winger because Ricarlison now sees himself as a striker because he knows he will not get into the Brazil side ahead of Neymar on the left

You have a smug patronising tone, but hey. Not strange at all. I know very well how the PSV model works & have no doubt it could be successful ALONG SIDE more immediate signings, as I said in my post.

At no point did I suggest we could find 1st team ready kids. Chelsea have been doing it for years. Getting young player in & putting them out on loan. I’d rather we be doing that than chucking millions at our competitors.
Honestly on the internet sometimes its hard to get the right tone to come across, so Im glad to see the right one did. Im not sure what else I could use when someone is purposely just stirring the pot with negativity that either he must know is 100% false or is crazy.

You criticize Brands for not having first team kids yet from anyone he signed for the youth squad last season, and in two sentences you suggest we follow the Chelsea model, saying "Id rather we be doing that then chucking millions at our competitors".....but you know full well that Chelsea have LITERALLY been chucking millions to the tune of 200 million for 4 players this window.

Wish list - CB doesn’t have to be a starter just a backup (allows Gibson or Branthwaite to go on loan maybe not at the same time), starting RB JJK on loan again, backup LB (Niels Nkounkou) impressed in pre-season but isn’t ready and wasn’t bought for that in mind this year), RW starter. Would like a new GK but that is probably based on finding Pickford a new home. Then ship a long line of squad players out.

"I think with these three signings, we did a fantastic job. There is some opportunity to look until October 5 but honestly, I am satisfied with the squad in this moment."

Don Carlo saying we go with what we got.
So close thread lol

"I think with these three signings, we did a fantastic job. There is some opportunity to look until October 5 but honestly, I am satisfied with the squad in this moment."

Don Carlo saying we go with what we got.
So close thread lol
Cards close to chest I think. He said if there’s an opportunity they’ll look at it.

We could probably squeeze an RB in but I'd be really surprised if we made any more moves without shifting at least, Permanent mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.