Big spending Everton,

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJR

Player Valuation: £1m
Anyone else getting fed up with this media agenda where Everton are concerned? Every article about us is big spenders this, free spending that when others spend way more and nothing is said? But whether it is Sky or the written press every journo refers to us as big spenders it drives me crazy. Our wage bill is well below the "top six" (Leicester not included in this) our transfer record is well below the others too but this is never mentioned, nor is the years and years of no investment for the 20 years previous to Moshiri.

Anyone else getting fed up with this media agenda where Everton are concerned? Every article about us is big spenders this, free spending that when other spend way more an nothing is said? but whether it is Sky or the written press every journo refers to us as big spenders it drives me crazy. Our wage bill is well below the "top six" (Leicester not included in this) our transfer record is well below the others too but this is never mentioned, nor is the years and years of no investment for the 20 years previous to Moshiri.
No. Because we've spent big money on crud players up with now. It's a fair reflection of reality.

Yes I feel the same.

last summer, sheff united spent more than us...yet even their manager moaned about our spending in comparison to his.

Absolute nonsense
Yeah okay, Glyfi was worth every penny of that £45m, Mina has demonstrated his £30m price tag to be a steal, Walcott & Iwobi have been the definition of shrewd buys. Klaasens £25m price was sheer daylight robbery, Tosun's goal return has been well worth what we paid for him.

We've spent silly money on poor players for years. Pretending otherwise is nonsense.

Can't say it bothers me but what does is that if we are linked with a top player pundits and ex players all question why said player would want to go to Everton... "he shouldn't go there Everton aren't in Europe" "he should go to a bigger team he's too good for Everton".. how are we supposed to challenge at the top of no good player should move to us? Unless we luck out like Leicester and end up with a 20+goal striker and a few midfielders who come good all for peanuts.........Who was their head scout we should get him in?

Well yeh but all the media is talking about is the sums we’re spending which is rightly a lot for very little production.

But this is part of the point....when its other teams they talk about net spend....since brands come in, our spend or net spend has not been that bad.

The walsh hangover is still on us...and thats the with media too.

Reactions: CJR

Status
Not open for further replies.