2019/20 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit harsh lads. Think he suffered from some psychological / depression issues. Not easy to be at your best under such circumstances. Carlo is the perfect one to support
See I dont rate him as a player, but you never know if there is something going on with a players mental health that is affecting his concentration. He might be better then we have seen, he might have it in him, but I'm not convinced.

See I dont rate him as a player, but you never know if there is something going on with a players mental health that is affecting his concentration. He might be better then we have seen, he might have it in him, but I'm not convinced.
Agree 100%, too slow and wants way too much time on the ball and he is poor defensively. Not going to deny he has a good touch and i do think there are elements of a decent player in him but he is very inconsistent, like you I'm not convinced just yet.

Agree 100%, too slow and wants way too much time on the ball and he is poor defensively. Not going to deny he has a good touch and i do think there are elements of a decent player in him but he is very inconsistent, like you I'm not convinced just yet.
Never understood the love in for Gomes. Had a couple of good games but gets by passed in a lot of games. Very inconsistent and like you said very slow. Looks like we are keeping him so it's a big year for him. With the new 3 in midfield we will find out if Andre is any good. I'm hoping that he comes good and has a consistent season but I'm not holding my breath. Get rid next year if no improvement

Hopefully it’s just lack of match fitness rather than injury. I thought he looked much better in the final couple of games last month (despite him being slated on here), and could see him getting back to his best.

Gomes alongside real battlers like Allan and Doucoure will be a seriously good player.

He has looked cumbersome lately but the injury he came back from was horrific. If he can get back to his initial form when he looked very sharp after signing on loan then build on that it would be great. Recently he’s looked a bit of a liability on a lot of elements especially when play is turned over and he has to put any sort of a tackle in.

I hope we see the best of him but if we don’t then it looks like we’ll have options!

He has looked cumbersome lately but the injury he came back from was horrific. If he can get back to his initial form when he looked very sharp after signing on loan then build on that it would be great. Recently he’s looked a bit of a liability on a lot of elements especially when play is turned over and he has to put any sort of a tackle in.

I hope we see the best of him but if we don’t then it looks like we’ll have options!
All the traits you describe were present before the injury. For all his talent he has always appeared too ponderous to enjoy much sustained success in this league.

All the traits you describe were present before the injury. For all his talent he has always appeared too ponderous to enjoy much sustained success in this league.

Maybe, he has a touch of class about him though, maybe if the ingredients are right he will perform better. Carlo knows a midfielder and he’s keeping Andre around and has spoken highly of him.

Walcott-Sigurdsson-Allan-Bernard

That'll be our midfield on Sunday I think.

Regardless of whether he's been injured or not, he hasn't played at all in pre-season.

It's gonna be bad enough having lads who have only played one match, or Mina coming in with nothing under his belt too.

Luckily, Spurs are in the same boat.

Last edited:
Not fit after his injury.

I mean he started playing Prem games again 6 months ago, but that’s gonna be the excuse for him for another 3 months on here.
I like him but he needs to step up to the plate this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.