Happy New Midfield Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depending on how they decide to do it, it could well be a couple more days before these are announced. Filming, editing and getting approval for videos of three different players is hours and hours of work, and we won't announce without all the media in place. I'm calm about it, though. I promise.

I hope the announcements of our 3 new midfielders are spread out throughout the day and interspersed with news of us selling our deadwood.

Need to do some snide like Chelsea did when they sold Morata. Posted about it and not long after another post was “and more good news, “player x” has signed a new contract”

Just make it more obvious. “Everton are delighted to confirm the acquisitions of Allan, Rodriguez and Doucoure on permanent long term deals”. Followed up by “to cap off a successful day of transfers, Tom Davies will spend the season on loan at Watford and Gylfi Sigurdsson will join the MLS on a permanent deal. We thank them for their service”

I reckon Carlo will want them on the training field as soon as possible. I really can't see him letting them miss training sessions a week before the season just so we can get some cute videos for the fanboys to fap over.

Not so much about the videos mate just the timing of things. Alan didn’t arrive until mid day yesterday and had his medical and will
probably complete all the paper work today so doubt will be involved in any training.

Rodríguez will have his today and complete paperwork later on so will probably be announced tomorrow and again won’t take part in training.

Doucoure I’m not sure about his medical and what not but presume it will be arranged today or tomorrow and again won’t be taking part in training.

I suspect all of them will be in training Monday morning.

All guess work of course.

....folk keep posting similarly tiresome comments and we really should be more positive and not tempt fate.

The Board appear to be backing the manager again and these signings certainly give us more hope for the new campaign.

look, we all LOVE to laugh (i never stop!), however, lets not laugh about players getting fictional injuries.
Fully agree. We need to stop with the 'Everton that' attitude and start thinking in terms of 'Everton this'
Ancelotti - James - Doucoure - Allan = EVERTON THIS !

Could even end up being the best midfield in the premier league once they get settled. Never thought that i would be saying that this season.

Mega excited.

Not so much about the videos mate just the timing of things. Alan didn’t arrive until mid day yesterday and had his medical and will
probably complete all the paper work today so doubt will be involved in any training.

Rodríguez will have his today and complete paperwork later on so will probably be announced tomorrow and again won’t take part in training.

Doucoure I’m not sure about his medical and what not but presume it will be arranged today or tomorrow and again won’t be taking part in training.

I suspect all of them will be in training Monday morning.

All guess work of course.
You could well be right. I just want them all playing this weekend ;)

our midfield put pressure on our defence and fed our strikers scraps and in one day we turn our weak point to our strength. It’s a good day .
So much this. Pressure on defence alleviated and they'll look a whole lot more solid. The attacking players will have more opportunities to do stuff.

Get a right back and goalkeeper of similar standing and quality and I might believe ...

So much this. Pressure on defence alleviated and they'll look a whole lot more solid. The attacking players will have more opportunities to do stuff.

Get a right back and goalkeeper of similar standing and quality and I might believe ...

Was talking to mates yesterday , and repeatedly in the past , and I’ve probably said it here can you imagine being DCL or Richarlison and making a run behind the opposition and waiting for the ball only for seconds later to be chasing back to your own box as they break ? Not once but repeatedly, it’d be soul destroying

Status
Not open for further replies.