Happy New Midfield Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
genuinely this is part of the problem with us , and I’m no different , we’re so used to disappointment it’s our default setting . We see the RS pick an U11 team and instead of thinking we’ll batter them we think “oh imagine how embarrassing it’ll be to lose to them “ and we’re proved right .

we’ve got a top class manager and we’re adding real quality , for the first time in years . Let’s enjoy it

Until the press conferences I'll make no direct comments on my personal feelings on these possible signings, apart from we need a new personal in midfield!

Reckon today is the day we get our new shiny midfield.

Welcome to Everton lads

What a time to be alive.
Think it shows Carlo wants to hit Europe/CL this season, none of this 2-3 years down the line.
I’m excited very excited

imagine we got Arias and Lozano also jeeeeez

I remember when we started looking towards the transfer window and it was a ‘where do we need to strengthen’ conversation. The ongoing theme was that we could only sign two top players, where do they need to play? And the typical response was that they both have to play in midfield and that won’t be enough!

As much as Carlo was diplomatic in press conferences he saw what we saw! This could be a huge turning point for us, it’s exactly what we needed! A new RB and GK and a few outgoings and we’re in a hugely improved position on LY!

...I’m sure clubs are noticing these central midfield acquisitions and considering that a number of our existing players might be surplus to requirements.

i wouldn’t be in the least surprised if we start getting enquiries for the likes of Davies and Sigurdsson, even if it’s for loan deals.
Sales would be great but even if clubs took them off our hands on loan paying full wages for a season would help surely.

I always notice squads in Italy have about 40 players in them. Have benches of about 12 players. Maybe Carlo wants 8 centre mids.

On a related subject been supporting Everton since about 1983 and never would I have imagined Everton would have a squad with 5 South Americans in it.
That's why I support this one mate:

thumb-cd-everton-4k-chilean-football-club-silk-texture-logo.jpg

It's 'kin chokka with them.

...I’m sure clubs are noticing these central midfield acquisitions and considering that a number of our existing players might be surplus to requirements.

i wouldn’t be in the least surprised if we start getting enquiries for the likes of Davies and Sigurdsson, even if it’s for loan deals.

i think you’re right but we’re also going to need cover , I get the hate that flows through this forum for much of our current squad but we can’t hope to go through the season on a first XI and someone like Gbamin whose played about 20 minutes . We’ll need depth , obviously we’ll need to shift deadwood and trim the squad but I do think we’ll have to keep options .

That would be just as exciting as new signings knowing they can’t ever be on our pitch again

Status
Not open for further replies.