2019/20 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah it’s like media duty. When asked they’re expected to do it.
Richarlison goes above and beyond though, nothing contractual about the looking after people in Brazil or sending shirts out.

Totally agree, but those questioning DCL have no idea what happens behind the scenes. What Rich just did was public but I am sure players do things like this a lot, especially at Everton.

It is but it doesn’t mean you can’t judge them, why are you even arsed and sticking up for him? It makes me happy knowing we have a player who’s on a fortune helping people less fortunate compared to one who is more bothered to dress differently and spends time on the pitch making sure his socks are level.

I do hate the way he keeps making sure that shorts are riding high to show off one of his legs .

I tell you what doesn’t happen behind the scenes ... he doesn’t spend enough time on his finishing
I don't mean to hijack this but I don't think DCL is a good finisher at all but his dedication to improving himself should never be in question. There were videos last year showing how much he was working on it. The issue is a lot of it is innate and he doesn't have either "it" or "enough of it".

Back to Richarlison, I think he could flourish this year with better everyone in the team. Would be interesting to see him on the right with a more well rounded RB if we go 3 up top.

I don't mean to hijack this but I don't think DCL is a good finisher at all but his dedication to improving himself should never be in question. There were videos last year showing how much he was working on it. The issue is a lot of it is innate and he doesn't have either "it" or "enough of it".

Back to Richarlison, I think he could flourish this year with better everyone in the team. Would be interesting to see him on the right with a more well rounded RB if we go 3 up top.

richy is a CF imo . His crossing , passing , dribbling , decision making aren’t good enough to be a top wide player imo. His heading , finishing , calmness in front of goal and his ability to control and shoot in one or two strides are his straights . It’s a same he can’t play lone striker , having said that he may be able to with James , Allan playing in the team as I feel it’s maybe unfair to judge him by his lone striker performancesin Silva’s team

richy is a CF imo . His crossing , passing , dribbling , decision making aren’t good enough to be a top wide player imo. His heading , finishing , calmness in front of goal and his ability to control and shoot in one or two strides are his straights . It’s a same he can’t play lone striker , having said that he may be able to with James , Allan playing in the team as I feel it’s maybe unfair to judge him by his lone striker performancesin Silva’s team
Jovic is available on loan, he played in a front 3, sometimes a front 2 with a LOT of success. Bringing him in would be really shrewd business imo as he could be the perfect foil for Richarlison. Think this team sets up really well under a 4-3-1-2 if we get in the players we are linked with.

Jovic is available on loan, he played in a front 3, sometimes a front 2 with a LOT of success. Bringing him in would be really shrewd business imo as he could be the perfect foil for Richarlison. Think this team sets up really well under a 4-3-1-2 if we get in the players we are linked with.

I havnt seen the lad play but he was obviously good in Germany in order to get a move to Madrid for 50m or whatever it was . Who was the other fella that was being linked around the same time ? Rafael someone? Leandro ? I can’t remeber his name ... just came into my head now and am wondering how he’s getting on?

I fully agree. In the same way I think we can expect to see a different level of performance from Bernard, Iwobi and Walcott. Having better players in midfield to firstly win the ball in better areas, move it quicker, be comfortable to receive passes and also give the attacking players confidence that they can try things and still have cover behind them will all help.

Status
Not open for further replies.