Murals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t get how they got approved. Liverpool is quite heavily reliant on tourism and people coming for a night out.

Football is a essentially a tribal sport, so sitting in concert square, walking up bold street or waking towards the Baltic market and having to see a huge grinning Klopp or a 20ft painting of Henderson isn’t what the city needs. It’s sheer arrogance and the type of thing they think is funny.

I don’t get how they got approved. Liverpool is quite heavily reliant on tourism and people coming for a night out.

Football is a essentially a tribal sport, so sitting in concert square, walking up bold street or waking towards the Baltic market and having to see a huge grinning Klopp or a 20ft painting of Henderson isn’t what the city needs. It’s sheer arrogance and the type of thing they think is funny.

...sadly, I imagine a large % of visitors are here because of them. As a local, I find the murals irksome but they control the city and the only way they become insignificant is for us to be better.

...sadly, I imagine a large % of visitors are here because of them. As a local, I find the murals irksome but they control the city and the only way they become insignificant is for us to be better.

Oh they definitely do, the champions league run last season brought millions to the city which is brilliant and good on them, but people come from all over the country for nights out Staggs dos etc, there’s always a bunch of Spaniards here for Matthew st etc.

concert square is full of them, imagine booking a weekend away for your mates for whatever occasion and finding out you have to sit opposite a 20ft painting of Salah, you just wouldn’t do it.

One more thing.......
I think the council are setting a dangerous precedent fwiw with so many going up.

i don’t disagree with them tbh. Why should the city not recognise the achievements with a little street art - of both teams. But with so many going up of this particular team and manager, then what happens when the next team wins something (either team)?? Another mural in a new place or painted over the existing ones?? I don’t think it will be the latter so the city will end up looking like an eyesore if they are in random places.

Also, you know with those knobheads they will be shouting for murals of teams/managers for every trophy they’ve won - even promotions from the 2nd division.
Dangerous precedent.

I definitely make a point of remembering history, or in other words comeserating history, we are a proud club with proud people. And that's why I have thought long and hard about it...we should put up a mural of James Rodriguez

Firstly we should do our advertising on the pitch. Lash up as many paintings as you like but it doesn’t mean anything whilst we’re crap.

Secondly do we want to attract fans who impressed by Rolf Harris and Neil Buchanan?

Just place a ‘Carlo The Redeemer’ statue (same pose as the Rio statue) on Everton Brow overlooking the city and the Prince Rupert Tower. About 100’ high should make it a first class attraction to the city and RS vandells alike.

Firstly we should do our advertising on the pitch. Lash up as many paintings as you like but it doesn’t mean anything whilst we’re crap.

Secondly do we want to attract fans who impressed by Rolf Harris and Neil Buchanan?

I get that but it’s beyond ridiculous that there are what 2 at the Baltic , one by M&S, obviously by the pit And one in concert square and that’s off the top of my head whilst we have none . Yeah we aren’t pulling up any trees but it doesn’t mean we don’t exist and we’re being pushed into espanyol territory by stuff like this and it’s tacitly supported by a city council that removed The Everton one that was up first .

if we allow ourselves to be browbeaten and treated like an irrelevance then it’ll only be something that perpetuates . Being successful on the pitch is what we need and the new ground is huge but until either of those things happen we need to at least try and do more than grumble on the internet .

I get that but it’s beyond ridiculous that there are what 2 at the Baltic , one by M&S, obviously by the pit And one in concert square and that’s off the top of my head whilst we have none . Yeah we aren’t pulling up any trees but it doesn’t mean we don’t exist and we’re being pushed into espanyol territory by stuff like this and it’s tacitly supported by a city council that removed The Everton one that was up first .

if we allow ourselves to be browbeaten and treated like an irrelevance then it’ll only be something that perpetuates . Being successful on the pitch is what we need and the new ground is huge but until either of those things happen we need to at least try and do more than grumble on the internet .

this has to go ahead or we will get some serious stick from the unbearables..... it’s upto fans now to support

Status
Not open for further replies.