Confirmed Signing James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Minutes per Goal Involvement last season for example:

Firmino 1 in 177 minutes
Mane 1 in 110 minutes
Salah 1 in 100 minutes

So although it’s true that the better the team the higher output a player will have its hardly a case of turning up and automatically receiving them

Yes.I mean as a baseline that is substantially higher than any of our midfield players. Given it will likely be either a loan, or a nominal fee, with wages that are in and around where say Sigurdsson's are, that would be a pretty decent return. Look he may do better, but thats the slippage we can afford and still look rosey. The average of what he's done, post Monaco (where most say he's never been at his best)- just getting 50% of that would be positive.
It can't be a loan. That would be so silly.

Just watched that video and the vision and finesse is top class. Seeing the outside of the boot passes in Royal Blue will be a joy

Amazing highlights. 3 things stand out for me in this reel:
1) the quality of the top strikes to a) put themselves in the right place at the right time and b) to finish when presented the chance (benzema, lewangoalski, ronaldo)
2) the quality of the bursting midfield to get themselves a) in the right place and b) at the right pace, to create the opportunity (Ronaldo, vidal) and
3) the quality of a) vision and understanding to see the pass and b) ability to pull it off of Rodriguez.

We will get (3) when James signs. Richarlison can provide both (1) and (2). If DCL can improve his finishing and positioning, Kean can show that he has it when given the chance for (1) and one of Allan / Doucoure if they sign has that instinct to trust in James and get into those positions in (2), we could have a similar all Everton reel next year

If you think he's a good player based on stats, then you might as well say Sigurdsson is a good player.

People LAUGHED when I called him Sigurdsson 2.0.

Where's Iceland Statistician when you need him?

If you think he's a good player based on stats, then you might as well say Sigurdsson is a good player.

If you think James has similar stats to Gylfi you probably aren't doing numbers right. It isn't even close.

It's very hard to get into a top team and he's not good enough that's why they want to get rid of him.
Yeah, perhaps he's injury problems are the reason they want him of their payroll?
Could be yeah. But Real Madrid also have lots of good players.
They want him off the payroll (I suspect) for a couple of reasons;

1) They are the best team in Europe. So however good he is, he isn't good enough for them
2) They are trying to bring through younger players with a younger German coach- and ultimately he doesn't fit.

They are Bayern and are fortunae enough to be in a position where they don't need to plough resources into a 29 year old, they can sign Leroy Sane. Suffice to say we do not have that luxury.
He DID but now he doesn't.
As I said before, I'm not saying he's a bad player.

Bayern had the option to buy him and they wanted to take that up.

James asked them not to buy him.

He was also brilliant before Zidane tinkered around (player of the year for Real i think).

The only real risk with James is whether he adapts to the league (he did well in Germany) and also managing his potential injuries.

His stats under Carlo is
30 games
14 goals
14 assist

much better the Sigi but thenhe was at RM and Bayern

JR 388 games 104 goals 125 Assists
GS 436 games 109 goals 69 assists

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.