Confirmed Signing James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Genuinely keen on this development, hopefully the deal comes to fruition. Regardless of the manager, the last several years Everton have had difficulties cracking ultra defensive teams that sit back and I think James offensive creativity could alleviate that issue. Just like the dude from taken Hami has a certain set of skills that would be invaluable.

Get a grip mate give him a chance have you seen who our manager is ffs

I haven't said he's not a good player, all I wrote was that players stats (like he's been involved in a goal every 108 minutes) can easily racked up when your playing for one of the biggest teams in the world.

I haven't said he's not a good player, all I wrote was that players stats (like he's been involved in a goal every 108 minutes) can easily racked up when your playing for one of the biggest teams in the world.

Its not that easy. You still need to play well.

And he is more than good enough to play for Everton. And he'd be more than good enough to play for Spurs as well. If he's fit, he will perform. I have no doubts at all.

It's a lot easier to be involved in goals when you play for a team who are one of the biggest in the world, have regularly won the Champions League and in the domestic league of 20 you play for one of the two teams who regularly win it by scoring lots of goals.

It's a fair point. It is easier to get assists in a better team, as the strikers are better, as it is to score goals as you get more chances made, but his record is still pretty outstanding. I mean I haven't looked closely at the likes od De Bruyne, but I would imagine the record of a goal invovlement every 102 minutes probably stacks up similarly to him? Probably similar to the likes of Salah too.

With Ancelotti it is even better as well. I mean I think he was 28 in 28 while he was there.

Then you factor in, in open play last season, I think Iwobi was no league goals and 1 assist, and Gylfi was like 1 goal and 1 assist in open play. They are two of our key creative outlets. Even if you factor in some fairly heavy regression, he's miles ahead of anything we have.

I find some of the commentary on it a bit odd. I mean he's the same age as De Bruyne and his stats look similar ish. If we were signing De Bruyne, it would be a massive wow moment.

I'm not just having a pop at you here, there are quite a few of our fans who seem a bit underwhelmed by it and would rather keep going with Iwobi because he was 23 when we bought him. I think you have to give Iwobi time, but even if he had a massive spurt and improvement, Iwobi would never be as good as James for us.

Like you said one of the biggest teams in the world they don't buy donkeys ,look at digne couldn't break into the barca team wow hes not too bad.

Its not that easy. You still need to play well.

And he is more than good enough to play for Everton. And he'd be more than good enough to play for Spurs as well. If he's fit, he will perform. I have no doubts at all.

Yeah, perhaps he's injury problems are the reason they want him of their payroll?

Status
Not open for further replies.