Confirmed Signing James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not that easy. You still need to play well.

And he is more than good enough to play for Everton. And he'd be more than good enough to play for Spurs as well. If he's fit, he will perform. I have no doubts at all.

I've popped something above on this. However one point thats worth mentioning, He's the same age as De Bruyne, probably has a comparable if not superior injury record and a very similar record re goals/assists per game. I think we'd all be majorly majorly chuffed if we were getting De Bruyne for a nominal fee and wages around 120k p/w.

I factor in, I do not think he will be getting a goal/assist every 102 minutes here. If he does 50% as well as that, soone every 204 minutes, that would be a very tidy return.

I haven't said he's not a good player, all I wrote was that players stats (like he's been involved in a goal every 108 minutes) can easily racked up when your playing for one of the biggest teams in the world.
He was utterly dominant in France with a pretty average Monaco side

Yeah, perhaps he's injury problems are the reason they want him of their payroll?

They want him off the payroll (I suspect) for a couple of reasons;

1) They are the best team in Europe. So however good he is, he isn't good enough for them
2) They are trying to bring through younger players with a younger German coach- and ultimately he doesn't fit.

They are Bayern and are fortunae enough to be in a position where they don't need to plough resources into a 29 year old, they can sign Leroy Sane. Suffice to say we do not have that luxury.

I've popped something above on this. However one point thats worth mentioning, He's the same age as De Bruyne, probably has a comparable if not superior injury record and a very similar record re goals/assists per game. I think we'd all be majorly majorly chuffed if we were getting De Bruyne for a nominal fee and wages around 120k p/w.

I factor in, I do not think he will be getting a goal/assist every 102 minutes here. If he does 50% as well as that, soone every 204 minutes, that would be a very tidy return.
For reference that would be 13 G+As for the season if he plays the amount of time that Gylfi did last year, which would be fine, but is also a worst case as Richarlison last year was at one every 193 minutes.

For reference that would be 13 G+As for the season if he plays the amount of time that Gylfi did last year, which would be fine, but is also a worst case as Richarlison last year was at one every 193 minutes.

Yes.I mean as a baseline that is substantially higher than any of our midfield players. Given it will likely be either a loan, or a nominal fee, with wages that are in and around where say Sigurdsson's are, that would be a pretty decent return. Look he may do better, but thats the slippage we can afford and still look rosey. The average of what he's done, post Monaco (where most say he's never been at his best)- just getting 50% of that would be positive.

Yes.I mean as a baseline that is substantially higher than any of our midfield players. Given it will likely be either a loan, or a nominal fee, with wages that are in and around where say Sigurdsson's are, that would be a pretty decent return. Look he may do better, but thats the slippage we can afford and still look rosey. The average of what he's done, post Monaco (where most say he's never been at his best)- just getting 50% of that would be positive.

Think you have to look at the domino effect of other recruitment as well mate, if we sign Allan & Doucoure or even Gbamin comes back, we have to be hopefull of holding and battling in the middle.

At times we haven’t given our forwards a platform to play, because our midfield was to often beaten or passed with ease. Our defenders far more on the gall then our midfielders or attackers.

A couple of right good, high energy battlers in the centeral channel and I think we will be playing more in the opposition half and getting our attacking players on the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.