2019/20 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just dont see a footballer in there.. not even in glimpses. Cant remember him having a good 10mins all last year and he got plenty of opportunity. Unless he bulks up (Valencia/Young idea) and tries to reinvent himself somewhat then i dont see him cutting it in PL unfortunately

Played well when he ran around with intensity at the start of his senior career. Been garbo lately.

People hate him full stop. But the thing is carlo is in charge and not the people on here... il fully get behind him whilst he’s here. he’s been in 1 of the worst ever Everton sides for a long time With a joke of a merry go round of managers coming and going
And Goldilocks has been the worst player in said side which says all you need to know

I think we all just need to accept that we are about to sign an actual global megastar tbh who might stifle young Tom's development so the best thing for him to do is move on.

It is only fair.

Yet he’s still here so what’s that say?
As far as the season just gone is concerned i would imagine it is just down to a lack of options. If we sign the 3 midfielders that are being linked at the moment he will end up as 5/6th choice, for the sake of his own career he should look to move on imo. I'm not bothered about players being a little raw about the edges and taking time to refine things technique wise but to play over 100 games and still not really have a proper position is very concerning and if players come in it only puts him further down the list. Best for his own sake he moves on imo.

As far as the season just gone is concerned i would imagine it is just down to a lack of options. If we sign the 3 midfielders that are being linked at the moment he will end up as 5/6th choice, for the sake of his own career he should look to move on imo. I'm not bothered about players being a little raw about the edges and taking time to refine things technique wise but to play over 100 games and still not really have a proper position is very concerning and if players come in it only puts him further down the list. Best for his own sake he moves on imo.
Squad player for next season defo, small wages, home grown and only 22. You can’t have squad players earning £100k a week which we do have currently

Might do him good having some pressure taken off his shoulders and he will get to train with better players in Allan and James. I say keep him this season and see if he clicks, if not offload next summer or Jan if he's still stinking the gaff out. I want the lad to succeed.
If all goes well with our transfer targets we'll hopefully end up with 4 senior central midfielders, Gbamin, Gomes, Allan and Doucoure. We'll probably need one more in that position as squad cover out of Delph and Davies (I don't really include Siggy as a CM) to cover injuries and for when we play 433.

Of the 2, I would keep Davies, as he is on a lot less wages than Delph and I also see him being less disruptive in the dressing room if he's not playing. Ideally, that squad place should be for aspiring players, either brought up from the U23s or bought into the club as potential. So if Davies doesn't step up in the next 12 months then we should sell and somebody else take his place in the squad. However, if we are offered decent money for him this window, and by that I mean anything in the region of £15m or higher, then I think we should sell now.

I just dont see a footballer in there.. not even in glimpses. Cant remember him having a good 10mins all last year and he got plenty of opportunity. Unless he bulks up (Valencia/Young idea) and tries to reinvent himself somewhat then i dont see him cutting it in PL unfortunately
If we broaden the discussion out from Tom Davies for a second how many Everton players impressed last season or even came close to the form you would expect from them ?
I would say, Digne( but probably not as good as the season before that)
Holgate, when he came into the team
DCL
Richarlson
Keane... after the arrival of CA.

Arguably five players and even they had poor moments like everybody else, for instance I don't think Richarlison and DCL were great after the restart.

It was a very poor season for nearly every player and I think Tom Davies was no worse than most and better than some.

It was a shockingly poor season where we spent some weeks in the relegation zone, it seems to me that a lot of the blame seems to be landing on the shoulders of a 21 year old... a players which the current manager continued to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.