2019/20 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might do him good having some pressure taken off his shoulders and he will get to train with better players in Allan and James. I say keep him this season and see if he clicks, if not offload next summer or Jan if he's still stinking the gaff out. I want the lad to succeed.
Still young and can still improve, but not looking good for him. Would love him to at least make a good squad player.

Some seem desperate for him to fail, which I find bizarre

Might do him good having some pressure taken off his shoulders and he will get to train with better players in Allan and James. I say keep him this season and see if he clicks, if not offload next summer or Jan if he's still stinking the gaff out. I want the lad to succeed.

More than 100 apps and he doesn’t click. If we can get something like £12m from team like Newcastle it will do him good and for Everton too.

I have been one of those that have always given Davies the benefit of the doubt as I thought there was a good player in there, from what he showed in glimpses in his younger days, but I don't know what's happened to him. He looks totally shot of confidence and no longer looks like he has what it takes to become even a decent squad player in the premier league. I'd be massively surprised if we managed to sell him off to another PL club but who knows.. I think he'd be suited to getting a loan to a championship club, hope he performs to boost his value then get rid for good. Have no idea what Carlo thinks of him though..

My opinion.

He played 30 games for us last season and started 90% of them and didn’t look good despite opportunity after opportunity. Much like the other 90 games he’s played for us since making his debut with no improvement.

If he didn’t click then, he’s not going to click when he’s 3rd/4th choice coming off the bench mid way through games.

I don’t think it’s about people wanting him to fail, he’s just not good enough.

My opinion.

He played 30 games for us last season and started 90% of them and didn’t look good despite opportunity after opportunity. Much like the other 90 games he’s played for us since making his debut with no improvement.

If he didn’t click then, he’s not going to click when he’s 3rd/4th choice coming off the bench mid way through games.

He’s just not good enough.
For me, it's a fair verdict. We'd all like Tom to succeed, including myself, but in terms of performance over time you would be hard pushed to say he's a success.

More often than not, his performances are average at best and a fair few stinkers with a small number of good performances. In terms of consistency, not for me.

My opinion.

I don’t think it’s about people wanting him to fail, he’s just not good enough.

I get it, he hasn't kicked on at all. i don't think circumstances around the club have helped. He's been a bit part player in and out, shuffled here there and everywhere. I'm only thinking a season under Ancelotti with a team in much better shape might do him good, If he can't kick on fair enough, he will have to go.

I get it, he hasn't kicked on at all. i don't think circumstances around the club have helped. He's been a bit part player in and out, shuffled here there and everywhere. I'm only thinking a season under Ancelotti with a team in much better shape might do him good, If he can't kick on fair enough, he will have to go.
I think the manager likes him, won't sell him and will use him in the team far more than people here realise.
I think this will be an interesting thread to keep around for the coming season.

Still young and can still improve, but not looking good for him. Would love him to at least make a good squad player.

Some seem desperate for him to fail, which I find bizarre
People hate him full stop. But the thing is carlo is in charge and not the people on here... il fully get behind him whilst he’s here. he’s been in 1 of the worst ever Everton sides for a long time With a joke of a merry go round of managers coming and going

I just dont see a footballer in there.. not even in glimpses. Cant remember him having a good 10mins all last year and he got plenty of opportunity. Unless he bulks up (Valencia/Young idea) and tries to reinvent himself somewhat then i dont see him cutting it in PL unfortunately

Status
Not open for further replies.