Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are so many more worse problems than the defence that Tomori woud be a low priority for me.We have three decent centre-backs and a promising youngster, Sure we need to upgrade Kenny but that task is number 5 on my yellow stik-it.

2/3 central midfielders and 2 wingers and maybe a new goalie depending on whether the incumbent can be found a new home are essential.

Davies cannot start against Spurs.

If we play 4 at the back then we need to have 8 defenders in the squad.

In addition, if were aiming for a mid-high line to enable all these new midfielders to play outside of our half then those defenders need to have pace.

Currently we have, Holgate, Digne and Nkounkou (possibly branthwaite) who have above averave mobility.

Thats 3 out of 8 defenders.

So, if we dont improve our defence with more athletic and mobile players our defence will need to sit deep. That means our midfield will also need to sit deep....and then our forwards are also deeper or isolated.

I think that unless we sign a very fast CB or a rapid RB then we'll be mid table again no matter what midfielders we sign.

Unless we go full Mourinho every game.

If we play 4 at the back then we need to have 8 defenders in the squad.

In addition, if were aiming for a mid-high line to enable all these new midfielders to play outside of our half then those defenders need to have pace.

Currently we have, Holgate, Digne and Nkounkou (possibly branthwaite) who have above averave mobility.

Thats 3 out of 8 defenders.

So, if we dont improve our defence with more athletic and mobile players our defence will need to sit deep. That means our midfield will also need to sit deep....and then our forwards are also deeper or isolated.

I think that unless we sign a very fast CB or a rapid RB then we'll be mid table again no matter what midfielders we sign.

Unless we go full Mourinho every game.

not if we have better midfielders

Fairly easy to build a great team, when you’ve already got a great team. All those lads were preceded by great players and given time to get their ability in the squad and always had the ability to replace them if things didn’t work out.

Alaba is also effectively a youth player. Neuer was one of most expensive keepers in the world when they bought him. Gnabry had a release clause. Lewandowski and Goretzka ran down their contracts just to get a move to Bayern. Thiago and Boateng were cast offs from big clubs who thought they were surplus to requirements. They’re also getting Sane this summer to replace Perisic after what I’d basically say is tapping him up for years at this point.

The only actual credit should be to Davies and Kimmich the rest are players that no other team except a club the size of Bayern could even dream of getting, it’s not like these were some magic bargains that could’ve gone to anyone. People look at Davies and say what a great bit of business they did but don’t think of Hernandez sitting on the bench for €80m.

Bizarre to think that a team like Everton could employ a model like this not that that’s what you’re saying by posting it. I just think people look at this Bayern team, see exactly what you see here with the values and then assume they’ve got some great scouting that no one else has.

They’re the biggest team in Germany and they’re terrible for having players run down their contracts so they get them for free or for a low price, they’ve done it numerous times depriving a lesser team of a good fee and making their league less competitive, if Manchester City or Chelsea habitually done it in the Premier League people would rightly be going mad.

???
Holgate Branthwaite Gibson
??? ??? Gordon Nkounkou
Kean DCL Richarlison
Holgate £2mil
Branthwaite £750k
Gibson £6mil
Nkounkou £250k
Gordon £Free
Kean £25mil
DCL £1.5mil
Richarlison £50mil

Total = £82,750,000

Holgate + Branthwaite + Nkounkou + Gordon + DCL = £4.5mil

Gibson (£6mil) Kean (£25mil) Richarlison (£50mil) are the three big ones added.

Were not too far off having a very strong 11 of young players.

Funnily enough we need a GK + RB + CM to bring into the team. If we get in u23 players for those positions then the squad rebuild actually starts taking shape.

Fairly easy to build a great team, when you’ve already got a great team. All those lads were preceded by great players and given time to get their ability in the squad and always had the ability to replace them if things didn’t work out.

Alaba is also effectively a youth player. Neuer was one of most expensive keepers in the world when they bought him. Gnabry had a release clause. Lewandowski and Goretzka ran down their contracts just to get a move to Bayern. Thiago and Boateng were cast offs from big clubs who thought they were surplus to requirements. They’re also getting Sane this summer to replace Perisic after what I’d basically say is tapping him up for years at this point.

The only actual credit should be to Davies and Kimmich the rest are players that no other team except a club the size of Bayern could even dream of getting, it’s not like these were some magic bargains that could’ve gone to anyone. People look at Davies and say what a great bit of business they did but don’t think of Hernandez sitting on the bench for €80m.

Bizarre to think that a team like Everton could employ a model like this not that that’s what you’re saying by posting it. I just think people look at this Bayern team, see exactly what you see here with the values and then assume they’ve got some great scouting that no one else has.

They’re the biggest team in Germany and they’re terrible for having players run down their contracts so they get them for free or for a low price, they’ve done it numerous times depriving a lesser team of a good fee and making their league less competitive, if Manchester City or Chelsea habitually done it in the Premier League people would rightly be going mad.

Good post. Bayern get double our entire turnover just off their commercial deals... Different ball game when you are so far ahead of your rivals you get the pick of all the players in your league and use whatever tactics you want to get them. Turnover of 750M.

Status
Not open for further replies.