Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Louis Saha

Wants us to sign Zaha, Zouma and Thiago Silva

If we do sign Allan and Docouere then I think there is a good chance that Gomes could be sold … even before Davies.
I am not at all convinced of that.
After the restart CA had opportunities to leave him out of the side but didn't do so.
I think that Sigurdsson and Gomes, who both cost lots of money, will not be happy as bit part players and may be players that could bring in some money, which we will probably need to do.
Time will tell.

Fair enough, but in that time he did leave out both Gomes and Sigurdsson.

I am not trying to say how well Tom Davies has done, but I think those saying he will be first out the door are wrong.

id be thrilled if we sold Sigurdsson and Gomes, add in Delph and its ideal.

Gbamin, Doucoure, Allan, Davies left so we may need one more player on loan due to Gbamins fitness.

Links to Oscar who used to play for Chelsea on Twitter?? Probably nonsense.

Any links?

Fair point. I see RB being a loan - don't think we'd sign Florenzi on a perm after the past two years he's had.

On loan him or Arias would be fine allowing us to use remaining funds on a right winger.

I think its risky to sign either of them when theyve both been average for 2 seasons.

He seems to have been around forever so I'm surprised Zaha is only 27 but I think no matter where he goes he will be a very good signing, especially for around £30m.
I think palace shot themselves in the foot for his price now. It surely hasn’t gone up since last summer, if anything with the lack of interest it has gone down.

I think palace shot themselves in the foot for his price now. It surely hasn’t gone up since last summer, if anything with the lack of interest it has gone down.

Ye, £30 odd million is down on last years value but Palace may probably feel that by not selling him last season he was the reason that they stayed up in the premier league.
That is worth a lot more than a players fee being reduced by £25 million.

I think we’ll need the money for Davies. We need some actual sales Rather than contracts running out. I think there are clubs that would take Davies for a reasonable fee.
I agree the money would be good but we would also get fees for the others we need to move on to

No, it’s not.

Sevilla’s 4 biggest sales in 19/20:

Ben Yedder: sold for release clause
Luis Muriel: sold for less than half release clause
Pablo Sarabia: sold for release clause
Quincy Promes: sold for significantly less than release clause

Sometimes they only sell for release clause (mostly when the release clause is set rather low), other times they don’t.

Well yeah thats why I said I'm undecided.

But how can you make the point about points being precious and then say we MUST keep him at Everton this season?

Points are even more precious in the premier league than they are in lower divisions, and if we keep Branthwaite and play him in the Prem then he could make a mistake and lose confidence HERE. How is that any different to it happening on loan? In fact its worse because it means EVERTON are the team dropping points, not some loan team that we dont care about.

Also, if we keep him and he's not quite ready to play in the prem every week, or is kept out of the side by good form of other CBs, then that means he's sitting on the bench 'at this crucial stage of his development'.

Like I said, I'm undecided on it, but I feel your post is only looking at one side of the coin.

...the difference is he’s ours, so Ancelotti and the coaches will allow him to make mistakes. They’ll talk to him and withdraw him when they feel he needs it, they will tell him how good he is, they will protect him.

Folk on here will know, I’m not keen on sending our best youngsters on loan. It’s a sign the Manager doesn’t want to use them and he’ll want to use our good ones.

It’s too simplistic to say ‘send them on loan’, very few come back and play 50 games for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.