2019/20 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
He really has been that bad for a while now tho mate
Its a worry, but who knows what instructions he's been getting.
IF, we had a totally decent different MF 4 (Gomes may not even be in it) Id be happy with Davies as 5th man in the Alan Harper role.
But as I said above we need better...we've been winning despite our MF, not because of it.

If we do sign Allan and Docouere then I think there is a good chance that Gomes could be sold … even before Davies.

Doubt it mate, don't think anyone would be willing to give us the 20 mil we spent on him a few months after returning from a horrific injury.

I think Carlo has got Tom's number now, best for him and the club if he goes, whether that's permanently to another prem/champ side or on loan for a year to salvage his Everton career.

Doubt it mate, don't think anyone would be willing to give us the 20 mil we spent on him a few months after returning from a horrific injury.

I think Carlo has got Tom's number now, best for him and the club if he goes, whether that's permanently to another prem/champ side or on loan for a year to salvage his Everton career.
The look Carlo gave him during the Bournemouth game when he misplaced a simple pass straight out of play was very much a 'we need to have a very serious chat about your future' look.

The look Carlo gave him during the Bournemouth game when he misplaced a simple pass straight out of play was very much a 'we need to have a very serious chat about your future' look.

I missed the Bournemouth game, my girlfriend broke her collarbone so we had to go to A & E, thank Christ she did.

I am not at all convinced of that.
After the restart CA had opportunities to leave him out of the side but didn't do so.
I think that Sigurdsson and Gomes, who both cost lots of money, will not be happy as bit part players and may be players that could bring in some money, which we will probably need to do.
Time will tell.

After the restart CA had opportunities to leave him out of the side but didn't do so.
I think that Sigurdsson and Gomes, who both cost lots of money, will not be happy as bit part players and may be players that could bring in some money, which we will probably need to do.
Time will tell.

I can see that logic, I'm certainly hoping you're right about Sig anyways.

Personally I think Carlo was just giving all the CMs a decent run out to see if he had anything to work with.

I'm still hopeful on Gomes, I think if he has energetic players like Allan and Doucoure around him we'll start seeing his good qualities rather than his deficiencies being exposed.

After the restart CA had opportunities to leave him out of the side but didn't do

I’m one of the few here who still back TD but this is not a useful data point IMO.

We just did not have enough midfielders. We even got rid of Schneiderlin who I’m glad to see gone but it was another body. You’re looking at Toffee Girl or the testicle guy if Davies doesn’t play.

Status
Not open for further replies.