Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only works if your recruitment is absolutely top notch. Otherwise you end up losing a good player and replacing them with 2 or 3 players who don't add much either short or long term. Probably need 2 players to turn out the same level as the player you sold for it to truly work.

The other issue with comparing to the RS' recruitment is that they are able to attract a much better pool of players than ourselves. Whether that's attracting promising youngsters (Gomez, Elliott) or picking up rising stars (Mane, VvD) from mid-table Premier League clubs. They can also pick off the best players at teams who aren't quite at the top of one of the Top 5 leagues - Fabinho from Monaco, Alisson and Salah from Roma, Keita from RBL, Matip from Schalke.

Selling Coutinho and, to some degree, Suarez worked for them since they re-invested well. It's an approach worth considering but it's also worth contemplating how it's probably easier for them lot to do this with success than ourselves. It's not impossible, as we've seen how the likes of Lyon, RBL etc.. have models to sell to re-invest. Difference here is that these clubs can generally offer CL, or at least European football, every season to attract players. Southampton were probably the best example in the Premier League over the last 5-10 years. However, not sure we want to aspire to be the next Southampton.

It's easier to sell luxury players, Coutinho being a great example for them. They had a team that scored lots but also conceded lots, desperately needed a new CB and a new Goalie. Coutinho didn't really fit their midfield of runners, and he wasn't as good in a front 3 as Salah, Mane and Firmino. Sold him for a silly fee and reinvested the money into Allison and VVD.

On he flip side for us, Richarlison isn't a luxury player, he's our best player and we're so much crapper when he doesn't play, so not really one we can afford to lose right now. But when the time does come we really have to use the money wisely, unlike with Lukaku, the money we got for him should have went a long way but it's probably some of the worst reinvested money in football history.

Maybe it's because Jon Lithgow is a rs? A great shame it is.

I've just had to google that. I feel sick. How and why is the single funniest television character from US sitcoms anything to do with them? Can nothing be sacred

D*ck Solomon would have been a Blue. Anyone who has watched 3rd Rock from the Sun will know this.

I've just had to google that. I feel sick. How and why is the single funniest television character from US sitcoms anything to do with them? Can nothing be sacred

D*ck Solomon would have been a Blue. Anyone who has watched 3rd Rock from the Sun will know this.
I watched the first series of Third Rock from the Sun last summer, and he was absolutely on point. The whole show was a classic even though it's not given much recognition nowadays. Not only would D*ck have been a blue, Harry would have been in our midfield.

I can certainly see 2 of our midfielders out the door and hopefully they are as you say Davies & Delph.

Both would certainly attract bottom half interest you would think at the right price.
I would rather see Davies loaned out at a champ side to see if he can cut it or not. Can defiantly see Delph going

Siggurdson has to be the first out the door. Under no circumstances can he be getting game time next season.

Funnily enough I dont mind Siggurdsson off the bench in the last 15-20 minutes when the pace of the game has slowed. Aslong as he has someone like Allan or Doucoure alongside him I think his ability on the ball is worth while keeping him around.

We have to also be realistic that to sell him and make an FFP profit you're talking £14 million+ which i can't see clubs paying.

Whereas any fee we get for Davies is a profit on the books and Delph signing for only £8 million means if we can get him out for a small fee the same as Besic we will likely break even at worst or at best post a small profit for both on the books.

Status
Not open for further replies.