Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doucs and Al got a combined 6 goals last season, (allan 23 appearances too). That's 5 extra (i think) on top of our middle pairing this season (I dont include siggy). 5 goals could have gained us 2/3 positions this season.

Would be such an increase in attacking presence in the middle.

...I’m not overly bothered by goals return from central midfield. If the great mid-80s side is a blueprint, Reid and Bracewell offered very little from that perspective but they hunted in a pair which allowed others to play. Key will be goals and creativity from wide areas.

...I’m not overly bothered by goals return from central midfield. If the great mid-80s side is a blueprint, Reid and Bracewell offered very little from that perspective but they hunted in a pair which allowed others to play. Key will be goals and creativity from wide areas.

Yep look at the Kopites midfield - up front and out wide goalscorers is key.

...Doucoure has the athleticism we really need in central areas but I’ve always questioned his quality in possession of the ball. He’s unlikely to make things happen, but I suppose his inclusion makes it easier for other players to make it happen.

At the moment, once the opposition are beyond our central midfield we have no powers of recovery and the back four is exposed. if the Doucoure link is true, he will help that cause.
It's fine. Playing those 2 in a 4-4-2 isn't going to have us competitive in midfield with any team that finished above Sheffield United though. It's a lot of money for that to still be true.

The beauty of having 2 box to box machines who are solid all round players and love a tackle is that it:

A: Frees up alot of space for our other players
B: Gets us up/down the pitch
C: Keeps us always in a game

The key for me then would be to have attacking RB + RM players to add creativity.

If Gabriel comes off then we also have him pinging long passes to the forwards and wide players.

Also the best Everton teams always have 2 players in the middle who have a high work ethic and can tackle.

Its more our identity than the slow scared workshy players weve been signing there.

If he's under 20m, I don't think it's that bad, Strong quick and gets the ball f o r w a r d.
I wouldn't be offering mad cash for him because he's a bit better than average but he'd do a decent job/
I know y'all aren't big on stats but I'm going to do it anyway: Davies had more progressive passes despite playing about 12 less games worth of minutes. Sigurdsson had a comparable amount of distance passing toward the goal also playing significantly less.

Without going into details the stats do not like Abdoulaye. And I see why watching him. He's not actually doing that much but some of what he does do looks great.

The beauty of having 2 box to box machines who are solid all round players and love a tackle is that it:

A: Frees up alot of space for our other players
B: Gets us up/down the pitch
C: Keeps us always in a game

The key for me then would be to have attacking RB + RM players to add creativity.

If Gabriel comes off then we also have him pinging long passes to the forwards and wide players.

Also the best Everton teams always have 2 players in the middle who have a high work ethic and can tackle.

Its more our identity than the slow scared workshy players weve been signing there.
But signing Doucoure doesn't give us two of those.

Honestly we would be better off with Capoue.

Allan will be the one getting forward with the ball.

I imagine Doucoure will be tasked with breaking up play and using his physical attributes to get around the pitch.

Its not Allan or Doucoure imo it will be both.

I think they will both be hunting players down as a partnership.

...yep, he doesn’t look a tackler but it’s the running power to get behind the ball that’s important. He makes the pitch look small. He does crop up in the top third but is hit and miss in possession. He certainly provides something we lack.
Yeah he's good at putting pressure on. Someone else usually gets the ball though. We need that player.

Status
Not open for further replies.