Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walsh was brought in for that specific reason failed failed dramatically.

Robertson ,Mane ,Van Dyiik & Winaldum were all before Brands came in .
Pretty much every fan in the land can ask why their club didnt sign them.
Unfortunately we spent money like a drunken sailor's first night ashore.
We are hamstrung until that mess is sorted out , but the shoots are there with Branthwaite & Nkounku and I see that continuing.

Walsh/Koeman is why we are in this mess.

how Koeman has got the Barca job is staggering

Talk of Santiago Arias for £13m, would be good business, I know he is 28, but personally I dont think Coleman can play in the games against teams in the top half of the table, we need a RB for right now and I think Arias can go straight into the team and be at a good level for at least 2 seasons.

We are hamstrung until that mess is sorted out , but the shoots are there with Branthwaite & Nkounku and I see that continuing.
I'm not sure if you're still not understanding or just being obtuse? I'm not talking solely about Brands, and I'm not complaining that we didn't sign those exact players, I'm just using them as an example.

The really simple point is that I'm just a normal bloke who doesn't play FIFA or FM, and doesn't watch all sorts of mad leagues on the TV in the middle of the night, and yet I've heard of the majority of players we're linked with and have signed over recent years. Yes there's the likes of Nkounkou and Branthwaite who follow the same template as everyone from Stones and Holgate to Peter Degn and Patrizio Pascucci, but as has been repeatedly explained, we're talking about signing first team players. It's not about signing players that nobody in the entire world has ever heard of, it's just about getting value for money.

I'm not sure if you're still not understanding or just being obtuse? I'm not talking solely about Brands, and I'm not complaining that we didn't sign those exact players, I'm just using them as an example.

The really simple point is that I'm just a normal bloke who doesn't play FIFA or FM, and doesn't watch all sorts of mad leagues on the TV in the middle of the night, and yet I've heard of the majority of players we're linked with and have signed over recent years. Yes there's the likes of Nkounkou and Branthwaite who follow the same template as everyone from Stones and Holgate to Peter Degn and Patrizio Pascucci, but as has been repeatedly explained, we're talking about signing first team players. It's not about signing players that nobody in the entire world has ever heard of, it's just about getting value for money.
This is getting silly now....leave it fella.

I posted the post I replied to but you want to put a different spin on it.

Leave it now eh.

Talk of Santiago Arias for £13m, would be good business, I know he is 28, but personally I dont think Coleman can play in the games against teams in the top half of the table, we need a RB for right now and I think Arias can go straight into the team and be at a good level for at least 2 seasons.

Where have you got £13 Million from?

Apparently Walsh had a deal for Robertson and Maguire from Hull for £22m but Koeman quashed it. Imagine the resale value we could’ve had. I think the Fat Head / Walsh partnership was flawed in that Fat Head must’ve got final say, hence jarg signings like Klaasen. No way can you work magic at Leicester then fall face down here!

Apparently Walsh had a deal for Robertson and Maguire from Hull for £22m but Koeman quashed it. Imagine the resale value we could’ve had. I think the Fat Head / Walsh partnership was flawed in that Fat Head must’ve got final say, hence jarg signings like Klaasen. No way can you work magic at Leicester then fall face down here!
can't think in a vacuum, you think their form would've been the same, playing here?

"once everton has touched you...."

Defensively, I think he is better, yes. So a good starting point.
I think Sidibé is a pretty poor benchmark for us though, even if we are talking a low fee for Arias.

This (Arias) type signing gets to the crux of the matter for me. It would have to be seen in the context of the overall business done by the end of the window. There is an particular onus on us now to be self-sustaining in transfers within a few years. It's just "ok" if we sign Arias as cover or as someone who fundamentally isn't going to offer anything significantly more or less than what Coleman gives us.

I think though by and large, if you're going down that road then there must be younger alternatives out there, who offer at least the prospect in theory and over time, of being a much better bet for RB over the longer-term. We need to look at every position like that.

Arias was Brands player, so from the outset you couldn't be blamed for suggesting its a safe, lazy type signing from his book of useful contacts. We are going to have to progress out of that zone to a much greater degree, and get to a position where the bulk of our signings are going to offer us either 5-10 years in the starting eleven, or be worth a hefty profit, should we sell them. Arias would offer us neither.

What is the rumoured fee?

If i had to call it, my analysis here is La Liga clubs are skint and hit very had by Covid, more so then the PL. Most clubs will have a lower threshold to selling and will try and get money in. Spain is a buyers market at the moment and i suspect we pursuing this as a bargain and trying to take advantage of the situation there. If i remember rightly we have had an interest in Arias for over three summer windows now..

That and it Brands actually signed him for PSV in the past and sounds a fan:

“He is the perfect model of the modern defender: pacy, powerful and attack-minded,” Brands told the PSV website about Arias in 2015. “There are not many players with such qualities.”

Status
Not open for further replies.