Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get that but it isn't really the right way to look at signings either. The target shouldn't be better than what we have as much as good enough for where we want to go.

I think if we do sign Allan and Doucoure then that gives us a very stable base in the centre.

Would free up alot of space for other players and get us up/down the pitch much faster.

With players like that in the centre we need to add creativity at RB + RM.

...Doucoure has the athleticism we really need in central areas but I’ve always questioned his quality in possession of the ball. He’s unlikely to make things happen, but I suppose his inclusion makes it easier for other players to make it happen.

At the moment, once the opposition are beyond our central midfield we have no powers of recovery and the back four is exposed. if the Doucoure link is true, he will help that cause.

I think if we do sign Allan and Doucoure then that gives us a very stable base in the centre.

Would free up alot of space for other players and get us up/down the pitch much faster.

With players like that in the centre we need to add creativity at RB + RM.
It's fine. Playing those 2 in a 4-4-2 isn't going to have us competitive in midfield with any team that finished above Sheffield United though. It's a lot of money for that to still be true.

Gomes is the only player we have who can pick a pass.

Both Doucoure and Allan are solid passers of a football.

Id much rather have 2 players like that in a 2 man centre midfield than one + Gomes. In fact if we go for the 2 centre mids and dont use a diamond i cant see what Gomes adds to the team.

I know we need midfielders badly but Doucoure is pretty underwhelming in terms of the amount of improvement.
If he's under 20m, I don't think it's that bad, Strong quick and gets the ball f o r w a r d.
I wouldn't be offering mad cash for him because he's a bit better than average but he'd do a decent job/

...Doucoure has the athleticism we really need in central areas but I’ve always questioned his quality in possession of the ball. He’s unlikely to make things happen, but I suppose his inclusion makes it easier for other players to make it happen.

At the moment, once the opposition are beyond our central midfield we have no powers of recovery and the back four is exposed. if the Doucoure link is true, he will help that cause.
He's not that much of a ball winner. Capoue filled that role at Watford.

Delph could well become a utility player, mainly left back cover for Digne.

Unfortunately I don't think he will be sold.

I think one of Davies and Sigurrdson could be sold.
No real value in selling Delph anyway. Gylfi would probably get £15m at least plus his wages off the books or Davies would be nothing but profit on FFP since he came through. When fit Delph is far better than those two in the middle and like you say I think he’ll also be used as left back cover if we don’t buy one.

Status
Not open for further replies.