Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having the choice of Gomes, Allan or Doucoure in the middle would be great. It also really lessens the need of rushing Gbamin back. When the 4 are fit and ready we’d finally have some options and athleticism in the midfield. It’s good that Gomes could basically be paired with 3 work horse players like he was with Gana, against more physical teams we could take Gomes out and battle in midfield. Mad how having a literal basic midfield structure is exciting to me now after what we’ve seen with Tony Hawk and John Cena in midfield this year.

Red cards AOTS with some TOUGH TACKLING

Gomes
Gbamin
Doucoure
Allan

Gylfi
Delph
Davies

Doucoure coming off a SEASON with 78% pass completion. Better be cheap.

Edit: for reference Gylfi had 83%
Gylfi is also had 100% pointing accuracy this season too

Seriously though it’s easy to have a high percentage when you play nothing 5 yard balls most of the time and that’s from the “creative” player of the team. I’m sure Davies also has a high percentage complete and even still he’s a shocking passer of the ball. Percentage means very little, it’s what they do with the passes and what they try that matters.

Doucs and Al got a combined 6 goals last season, (allan 23 appearances too). That's 5 extra (i think) on top of our middle pairing this season (I dont include siggy). 5 goals could have gained us 2/3 positions this season.

Would be such an increase in attacking presence in the middle.

Doucs and Al got a combined 6 goals last season, (allan 23 appearances too). That's 5 extra (i think) on top of our middle pairing this season (I dont include siggy). 5 goals could have gained us 2/3 positions this season.

Would be such an increase in attacking presence in the middle.

I think over a full season they would be around 10 goals combined with a few assists as well.

Im not a fan of his but he's a vast improvement on everything bar Gomes.

In a 2 man central midfield hes far more effective than Gomes. Physical and athletic ability is key.

I think over a full season they would be around 10 goals combined with a few assists as well.

In a 2 man central midfield hes far more effective than Gomes. Physical and athletic ability is key.

Which would be a huge bonus as well as having an actual midfield presence. I am not writing doucoure off cause he is from watford, Gana was from villa. If CA can get the best out of him, fab,.

Status
Not open for further replies.