Transfer Rumour Gabriel (Lille)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A good journalist doesn’t deal in speculation.

He gets his info directly from the club and will only report on it when he knows it to be true.

Just because other outlets have been first doesn’t make them more reliable than Joyce.

But what use is information months after it's been published elsewhere?

Like I said, if I copied the info elsewhere, created my own site and then posted it, does that make me any less reliable than Joyce with Gabriel?

Since Brands come in I don't believe people like Joyce or Hunter get anything like they used to. I think that's been proven time and time again this season. Dowell being a most recent example: sold without anyone even hinting at it in the media. In the past I'd have expected Joyce/Hunter to say "Dowell might be off to Norwich" etc.

But what use is information months after it's been published elsewhere?

Like I said, if I copied the info elsewhere, created my own site and then posted it, does that make me any less reliable than Joyce with Gabriel?

Since Brands come in I don't believe people like Joyce or Hunter get anything like they used to. I think that's been proven time and time again this season. Dowell being a most recent example: sold without anyone even hinting at it in the media. In the past I'd have expected Joyce/Hunter to say "Dowell might be off to Norwich" etc.
It's still useful if you know it's reliable. The likes of Joyce and Hunter definitely still have contacts and are tipped off. They might not get scoops in advance, but what they say tends to be true, and they tend not to go to print unless they've had it verified. So if the Mirror prints something today I would say it was a rumour, if Joyce printed next week I would say it was pretty much nailed on to be true. That obviously makes a difference.

It's still useful if you know it's reliable. The likes of Joyce and Hunter definitely still have contacts and are tipped off. They might not get scoops in advance, but what they say tends to be true, and they tend not to go to print unless they've had it verified. So if the Mirror prints something today I would say it was a rumour, if Joyce printed next week I would say it was pretty much nailed on to be true. That obviously makes a difference.

I mean, personal opinion of course but can't say I care about info I hear months afterwards. If you're not getting scoops in advance how can you be sure they're getting anything at all?

Until Everton tweet it out I don't pay attention to any links anyway.

I’m getting old now and my memory is shot to bits, but can any of the younger lads tell me if we have ever gotten anybody after waiting For them to decide for ages? I can’t think of any, but like I say, I often forget my bloody name nowadays :(

I mean, personal opinion of course but can't say I care about info I hear months afterwards. If you're not getting scoops in advance how can you be sure they're getting anything at all?

Until Everton tweet it out I don't pay attention to any links anyway.
They're definitely getting stuff. I suppose some people like mad sensationalist journalism and some people just like to be able to read something and be confident that it's true. I'm in the latter camp. If Hunter, Joyce, Bascombe or King write something then I'm confident that they'll have had it okayed by someone at the club. Them saying something about a transfer is pretty much the same as the club saying it directly to be honest.

They're definitely getting stuff. I suppose some people like mad sensationalist journalism and some people just like to be able to read something and be confident that it's true. I'm in the latter camp. If Hunter, Joyce, Bascombe or King write something then I'm confident that they'll have had it okayed by someone at the club. Them saying something about a transfer is pretty much the same as the club saying it directly to be honest.

In the past, maybe, right now? Not for me but each to their own.

you heard anything mate of ( this guy ) or anyone else?

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.