Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prior to tonight I hadn't given our backup left back position much thought. I have seen Joe Bryan play many many times, not just tonight. My mum's Bristolian and her side of the family are all massive Bristol city fans. I know a bit about their club and players / former players and know he was linked previously. Him scoring jogged that link and made me think about the the back up left back slot.

So why don't you just let people come on the forum and spark some conversation rather than arrogantly shutting them down and telling them what or what not to think?

Suggest a decent player and people might pay more attention.

More luck picking up a Spurs midfielder since they have added one to the massed ranks.

We have a brilliant youngish England international midfielder you can buy.
He's gonna turn out to be one of the very best players over the next 8-10 years and is a future England captain so will also help to bring in sponsorships after he lifts the World Cup ;)

Seems to be a lot of negativity on here. I personally think a decent sum will be spent. Perhaps not as much as we need, but a decent wedge nonetheless.

I honestly think that with Carlo at the helm they will roll the dice a bit more. As in: buy us a few players and then try and shift out more dead wood. Or (with the funds for this year being spread over 2 for FFP now), spend a reasonable amount and gamble on the sale of a massive asset (like Richarlison) the following season to balance the books if we don't make Europe - or even if we do.

It's not like we have owners who refuse to release the pursestrings; it is FFP that is the problem and I don't think they appoint Carlo (when they could have just reappointed bloody Moyes or something) and then do nothing to try an move us forward.

Just my opinion like, but I don't really see why other peoples' opinions (who also aren't privy to Everton's boardroom wranglings) has got everybody in a spiral.

Status
Not open for further replies.