Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on what exactly? Mahrez came from St Etienne in a league akin to Championship. None had heard of him, nor Kante for that matter before they came here.

Wonder how many said similar of Cahill when he signed? Lower league doesn't mean of lesser quality.
Maupay came from Brentford last year and scored 10 goals this season for Brighton.
And benrahma looks a better player . Them type of signings served us well before. Worth looking at him and Watkins.

I think we need to start looking for younger talent with resale value if we want to sustain any success. We should bring in some established talent, but blowing the entire budget on nothing but Allan’s and Zaha’s isn’t sustainable. Everton should explore some cheaper options if they are available.

I think we need to start looking for younger talent with resale value if we want to sustain any success. We should bring in some established talent, but blowing the entire budget on nothing but Allan’s and Zaha’s isn’t sustainable. Everton should explore some cheaper options if they are available.

Niels and Branthwaite signed for the same money as Iwobi earns a month like.

Niels and Branthwaite signed for the same money as Iwobi earns a month like.
I do think we need to explore more signings like those above. Even if it is to fill out the squad a bit, those are the guys that often end up making a hefty profit for you and allow you to spend bigger in future summers. We have brought in too many Iwobis, Tosuns and Sigurdssons for my liking.

Close the thread surely ,rummaging through this unending negativity
About being skint and not even signing a player surely means end of discussion
And Carlos resignation in the morning according to some on here

My point is don’t watch one game, see a LB score and suddenly think he’s the answer. If you thought he was the answer prior to tonight his name would have been suggested already surely?
Prior to tonight I hadn't given our backup left back position much thought. I have seen Joe Bryan play many many times, not just tonight. My mum's Bristolian and her side of the family are all massive Bristol city fans. I know a bit about their club and players / former players and know he was linked previously. Him scoring jogged that link and made me think about the the back up left back slot.

So why don't you just let people come on the forum and spark some conversation rather than arrogantly shutting them down and telling them what or what not to think?

Status
Not open for further replies.