Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
but Salah, Pulisic, Hazard, Ronaldo and a wealth of others haven’t.

Pepe was garbage, but people like you see that stats, see the YouTube videos and stomp your feet that you want them.

Same with Zaha, you can’t look past what you want to see

I honestly dont get your argument mate - you're advocating signing top quality players but we haven't European football to attract them - you scoff at proven league players like Zaha and Ings then you scoff at glitzy foreign highly rated players like Everton Soares - what does the man want?

Ultimately we are gonna need 8-9 players before we can compete for the CL spots which isn't happening in 1x window - its gonna take us 2 summer windows to turn this squad around hence why next summer im just hoping we can aim for 6th/7th and Europe qualification / a good cup run.

If we sign 4-5 players like the following I would be happy:

CM: Allan
RW: Zaha
CB: Gabriel
RB: Emerson/Tete
GK: Romero/Sirigu - as serious competition to push/replace Pickford if needed.

That would be improvement in all 4-5 positions of the side.

I honestly dont get your argument mate - you're advocating signing top quality players but we haven't European football to attract them - you scoff at proven league players like Zaha and Ings then you scoff at glitzy foreign highly rated players like Everton Soares - what does the man want?

Ultimately we are gonna need 8-9 players before we can compete for the CL spots which isn't happening in 1x window - its gonna take us 2 summer windows to turn this squad around hence why next summer im just hoping we can aim for 6th/7th and Europe qualification / a good cup run.

I agree that people are too excited for players that have never played here nor have we really seen play. Definitely more reliable getting a prem proven player instead of spending money on risks.

I would shocked if we got all those players, I think the first two would do fine for me with the addition of an attack mid that can rotate around and a rb/cb on loan.

If we're signed 4 id rather sign 4 cms in case 2 get injured bin the other cms that'll improve our team every area of pitch

Yeah sound, go ahead and do it then.

We did it last season with Kean and he barely made the team and got a total of two goals, which is a relative success to the other failures such as Vlasic, Onyekuru and Gbamin etc

The truth is that our most successful signing has been the one that "ruined the transfer window" for about 40 million from Watford.

If Brands can get the next Sarr, go ahead, hurry up and do it! But his track record is absolutely last in this regard.

Vlasic = Made a profit
Onyekuru = Made a profit
Gbamin = Harsh to call a failure when we didn't know he'd get injured upon signing. (obviously)

They are punts and they are worthwhile punts.

7 goals ain’t good enough, that’s just a fact. You need 10-15 from each wing and he doesn’t have the composure in front of goal because he’s an average footballer; just look at the jarg freekicks in his arl fellas garden. Utterly horrendous from a pro that.

Secondly, to free up Richarlison and Dom you need a presence from midfield, a runner who will occupy the CB’s through the middle. That ain’t Big Willy Free Style

Third, I apologise.....he has the second worse stats, just slightly behind Joelinton. And that’s all I see and why I compare him to Bolasie, a step over merchant who can’t play a simple pass but looks boss on YouTube

1: Totally agree. My thinking is;
A: Would his 7 goals be worth him signing...no, but would others get more with him in the side?

B: Would he score more in a better side where he isnt the star player? If there was say, Digne--Zaha--Richarlison down the left then thats not going to make it easy for opposition players to pick up all 3 of them.

C: I quite like the sound of;

Richarlison DCL
Zaha ??? ??? Sarr
The wide players are both ball carriers and would stretch opposition defences opening up space. I also agree that one of the 2 CMs needs to be box to box and break the lines.

It wouldn’t, not one bit.

as soon as he signs, due to his age his value starts decreasing immediately. Secondly, this will be his last big contract so he’ll want 5 years, at around £150k per week. You’ve shifted out 2, got another average replacement in on a long term deal eating up slightly less of your wage structure

all you’ve done is reduce the numbers in squad, you’ll still have unsellable asset and a massive wage bill

The question for me would be could we sell certain players for a profit so we dont come unstuck with FFP + get their wages off our books.

If we can move out Iwobi + another in a swap then weve probably saved £200k there (less zaha salary). Also sorted FFP out for a season allowing us more room to spend on other positions.

Again, im not a real Zaha fan but if he can be 7/10 every game (which he seems to be for palace) then its a step up.

Id offer him 4 years and 1 year option for us to extend.

Certainly wouldnt pay more than £10mil for him in any swap and wouldnt pay cash without 2 players or more involved.

Dream for me is Iwobi, Sigurdsson and Tosun in a straight swap deal....

I would be quite happy to sell Mina and reinvest the money in someone less injury prone.

I've never been totally sold on Mina. He's not a bad player at all but he makes too many mistakes.

We need a fit, strong, healthy, and athletic squad. Injuries are partly bad luck, but there has to be more to it when you have as many injuries as we do.

I really like Mina but you need consistent players and the injuries may mean his body cant take the leagues pace.

I think we could get £20-30mil for him.

Id shift Keane also...same fee.

He’s decent I think but maybe not suited to this league. Would be happy to keep him as third choice or punt him and reinvest in a starting CB to partner Holgate. Keane 3rd choice and Gibson/Branthwaite as 4th.

I see it as RCB / LCB

RCB = Holgate / + 1 rotation u21 player
LCB = New Starter / Branthwaite

Also at LB i wouldnt buy anyone...id have Gibson/Nkounkou as cover for Digne.

We have only 8 players who I would be annoyed if we sold.

Richarlison
Digne
Holgate
DCL
Keane
Branthwaite
Gordon
Kean

The other 20 odd I genuinely wouldn't have a problem with looking to sell and reinvest.

That's the scale of the problem we have here. And 2 of the above list are kids, and one I want to keep in hope of coming good more than on the basis of past performances.

Do we honestly think we'll get what we need this window? We say this every year and every window is a complete failure. Other than Allan we haven't really been linked to anyone we need. Same old boring links to Hojbjberg and Zaha and then to fossils like Thiago Silva + Ivanovic. I have no faith in Brands to get the players we need.

If we're signed 4 id rather sign 4 cms in case 2 get injured bin the other cms that'll improve our team every area of pitch

I agree mate for me we need minimum 2x CM's and I don't see why we are chasing a CB when we have enough to see us through to next summer imo.

But from the noises around the club/echo and what im hearing is that Gabriel/CB is still a big target.

I would hope that come the start of the season if Gbamin still looks a while off full fitness and funds are tight that we bring in a stop gap loan for a 2nd CM for the season - if someone like Loftus Cheek whilst average would still do a better job than Davies/Delph/Siggurdsson until Gbamin gets fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.