Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have only 8 players who I would be annoyed if we sold.

Richarlison
Digne
Holgate
DCL
Keane
Branthwaite
Gordon
Kean

The other 20 odd I genuinely wouldn't have a problem with looking to sell and reinvest.

That's the scale of the problem we have here. And 2 of the above list are kids, and one I want to keep in hope of coming good more than on the basis of past performances.
Whilst I don't think we should sell any of those players either, I wouldn't even be that annoyed if we sold the Kean(e) brothers.

I honestly dont get your argument mate - you're advocating signing top quality players but we haven't European football to attract them - you scoff at proven league players like Zaha and Ings then you scoff at glitzy foreign highly rated players like Everton Soares - what does the man want?

Ultimately we are gonna need 8-9 players before we can compete for the CL spots which isn't happening in 1x window - its gonna take us 2 summer windows to turn this squad around hence why next summer im just hoping we can aim for 6th/7th and Europe qualification / a good cup run.

If we sign 4-5 players like the following I would be happy:

CM: Allan
RW: Zaha
CB: Gabriel
RB: Emerson/Tete
GK: Romero/Sirigu - as serious competition to push/replace Pickford if needed.

That would be improvement in all 4-5 positions of the side.

Based off those 5 positions

My Gold Window;

GK: Donnarumma
RB: Emerson
LCB: Gabriel
CM: Tonali
RW: Sarr

My Silver window;

GK: Sirigu
RB: Aarons
CB: Thiago Silva
CM: Zakaria
LW/RW: Bailey

My Bronze Window;

GK: Ramsdale
RB: Lamptey
CB: Kamara
CM: Allan
LW/RW: Zaha

*I'll change my mind tomorrow ;)

We have only 8 players who I would be annoyed if we sold.

Richarlison
Digne
Holgate
DCL
Keane
Branthwaite
Gordon
Kean

The other 20 odd I genuinely wouldn't have a problem with looking to sell and reinvest.

That's the scale of the problem we have here. And 2 of the above list are kids, and one I want to keep in hope of coming good more than on the basis of past performances.
Whilst I don't think we should sell any of those players either, I wouldn't even be that annoyed if we sold the Kean(e) brothers.

Id say;

Richarlison
Digne
Holgate
Kean
DCL
Gordon
Branthwaite

The magnificent 7 :eek:

Id be thrilled if we signed Digne.

You know 7 players isnt too bad really if we can add 3 or 4 top players to the list and 3 u21s to come into the squad.

Gets us halfway there.

The manager, because of who he is, would not have signed for us without being given assurances in regards to transfers and player trading. He has also said on numerous occasions that he has the full backing of the board. Furthermore, he has also said recently that the team will have 'evolved' next season, and will be a better team than the one that ended this season. Until proven otherwise I am trying to remain positive about this summer's window. My sheets remain dry (for now)

The manager, because of who he is, would not have signed for us without being given assurances in regards to transfers and player trading. He has also said on numerous occasions that he has the full backing of the board. Furthermore, he has also said recently that the team will have 'evolved' next season, and will be a better team than the one that ended this season. Until proven otherwise I am trying to remain positive about this summer's window. My sheets remain dry (for now)
I think it’s quite simple. If the board fail to deliver for Ancelotti he will walk. He doesn’t need it and I’m sure other clubs would be interested in offering him a project.

Its why I would go all out and spend this summer - we all know this upcoming season will be Richys last unless we somehow qualify for the Champions League so even if we go above FFP slightly we could either:

A. qualify for the CL / get new sponsers from Usmanov

B. Inevitably cash in Richy for £100 million.

Either would settle our FFP problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.