Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buying and selling players must be like any asset. Someone like Ings is like buying a stock after it’s boomed. The price will be sky high and it’s more than likely to just decline once we’ve bought it (due to his age and the fact he’s never been near these figures in his career before). Someone like Kean however is a stock that could go sky high yet people are advocating that we sell it now at a slight loss.

In summary I’m sure the business people at Everton will not be advocating signing Ings and selling Kean.

I make you right. I like Ings but with Ings I do wonder if he's this season's Callum Wilson, who's also a good player don't get me wrong, and they were talking about £50m + moves and now is being kept out of the team by a lad who's scored 2 goals in about 50 games.

Strikers go on hot streaks and Ings has had a very productive 6 months but before that he has done very little for about 5 years. We would be buying at the very top end of his value and I have my doubts he has any other levels to get too.

The obvious cavaet and it's probably an important cavaet is I'd have probably said the same about Vardy the year Koeman came here ansd we could have had him to replace Lukaku for maybe £50-60m. He'd have been a brilliant signing looking back and I see a lot of Vardy in Ings as well.

I knows hes hitting a purple patch so seems reactionary but I really like that Soucek and hes only on loan. Gets up and down well and breaks his neck to get in the box. Absolute handful at set pieces aswell
Every hammers game I've seen that lad stood out. Solid cm

I knows hes hitting a purple patch so seems reactionary but I really like that Soucek and hes only on loan. Gets up and down well and breaks his neck to get in the box. Absolute handful at set pieces aswell

Speaking to sokme West Ham mates and they seem to think they have an option of just completing the loan come the summer. I suppose it could only work if another club got in his ear and promised him more money, but by all accounts he looks settled and happy. Another good buy from Moyes really.

Speaking to sokme West Ham mates and they seem to think they have an option of just completing the loan come the summer. I suppose it could only work if another club got in his ear and promised him more money, but by all accounts he looks settled and happy. Another good buy from Moyes really.

West Ham have an obligation to buy if they stay up for about 17m I think?

You would think given his impressive performances that anybody wanting to get in on the deal would probably have to pay more, if even possible.

It's a really ropey source, but oddly seems quite sure in it's language. The usual passive langauge of "monitoring" or "considering" isn't there and it seems to have much firmer language.

The lad has just turned 23 too. It's a massive step up. We are dreaming a bit here, but in my ideal where all CM's are cleared out apaert from Gomes he makes a perfect 3rd CM signing if you get your preferred 2 in. In all likelihood at least 1 stays, so he may come in alongside a Hojberg/Allan to help provide some depth, and is avaialble at a good price.

It's a really ropey source, but oddly seems quite sure in it's language. The usual passive langauge of "monitoring" or "considering" isn't there and it seems to have much firmer language.

The lad has just turned 23 too. It's a massive step up. We are dreaming a bit here, but in my ideal where all CM's are cleared out apaert from Gomes he makes a perfect 3rd CM signing if you get your preferred 2 in. In all likelihood at least 1 stays, so he may come in alongside a Hojberg/Allan to help provide some depth, and is avaialble at a good price.

Its hard to get excited or take things too seriously.

I guess he's around the 400th player linked this window so far.

West Ham have an obligation to buy if they stay up for about 17m I think?

You would think given his impressive performances that anybody wanting to get in on the deal would probably have to pay more, if even possible.

Yes thats probably a really good summary of the situation. The West Ham fans I speak to seem to suggest that it's almost written into the loan deal that if they stay up, it just gets ticked off.

You are also rigjt to say any fee would likely have to be north of 17m, and then some questions probably have to be asked. I mean you would likely be paying more than you would for Hojberg for him.

Yes thats probably a really good summary of the situation. The West Ham fans I speak to seem to suggest that it's almost written into the loan deal that if they stay up, it just gets ticked off.

You are also rigjt to say any fee would likely have to be north of 17m, and then some questions probably have to be asked. I mean you would likely be paying more than you would for Hojberg for him.

The type of player we expect from Moyes, but and I cant say I track all his transfers, it seems a long, long time since he pulled 1 of these out.

£3.5m is a gamble probably worth taking for this Romanian chap.

He could be a late bloomer, but by the same token, players of his age making a breakthrough are rare.

There wouldn't be much point in signing him and loaning him out either at that age, it would be a case of sink or swim quite quickly.

I'd much rather we went down this route, even though with the market as it now is it would mean paying £10m and not £3.5m in most other cases.

There is absolutely nothing to be gained by signing established average like Iwobi and Delph.

£3.5m is a gamble probably worth taking for this Romanian chap.

He could be a late bloomer, but by the same token, players of his age making a breakthrough are rare.

There wouldn't be much point in signing him and loaning him out either at that age, it would be a case of sink or swim quite quickly.

I'd much rather we went down this route, even though with the market as it now is it would mean paying £10m and not £3.5m in most other cases.

There is absolutely nothing to be gained by signing established average like Iwobi and Delph.

I wish Iwobi was average.

I remember I'd never seen Davy Klassen play before we signed him.

Decided to watch his youtube video when the transfer was confirmed.

Most boring video ever.
He was an absolute nothing player in the Europa final and got bullied by Pogba all day long. At that moment it was clear he was destined for Steve Walsh’s Everton.

No idea on the Romanian cat though.

Cicaldau has only turned 23 earlier this month. He is a good height and is a full international.
At a price it could be well worth a punt and I would imagine wages should not be massive.

Status
Not open for further replies.