Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sportwitness saying we have had a bid accepted for Todibo. Roma also have had a higher bid accepted but have delayed proceeding...

...barca want a quick deal.

€20mil is the fee apparently.

Anyone have any idea if that Tariq Lamptey from Brighton would be available realistically this summer?

Only seen him play a few times recently but he looks a good player, right age too

Sportwitness saying we have had a bid accepted for Todibo. Roma also have had a higher bid accepted but have delayed proceeding...

...barca want a quick deal.

€20mil is the fee apparently.
Reports say he is scared of the prem and wants to go to Serie A

Is he any good?
what’s your view on the lad Zat?

I wasnt paying much attention to specific players but watched Inter vs Barca and he was world class at centre back. Not like "Oh hes going to be world class", literally world class.

So much so that if he played like that every game he'd be the best (or one of the best) centre back in the premier league.

I also watched him in defensive midfield on his debut (i think) for barca and he was being eased in...also did fine. Great passing ability but kept it simple.

He also got player of the month for schalke before the lockdown.

He was pretty shocking against Haaland in the match after the restart and went off injured.

At the end of the day, hes meant to be someone who trains hard, is a proper baller at centre back, quick and apparently a leader in the youth sides.

Massive potential but ive hardly seen him. One of these new French centre backs whove 'got the lot' but need to be trained positionally and taught to keep it simple.

Imo if were looking for a starter on day 1 its a no. However if hes a rotation RB / DM / CB for a season learning under Ancelotti then its a massive yes from me.

To compare with anyone, id say Stones when we first signed him. Someone with huge potential but needs to be taught to focus on the basics and not do the 'hollywood' turns all the time or overplay.

I guess its whether you think someone like Stones would have become a different player under Ancelotti rather than Martinez.

Reports say he is scared of the prem and wants to go to Serie A

We'll see. I really like the profile of Todibo and some of the other young french u21s like Kamara at Marseille.

If we fail to land Gabriel then id be very happy if we had Holgate + 2 of those centre backs rotating alongside him and built a winning side.

Can we not have sportwitness used as a reliable source please.

It's sportwitness.

They 'broke' a couple of our deals last season i believe...i was shocked as well so you never know.

Also they only seem to link other sources.

Who knows.

They 'broke' a couple of our deals last season i believe...i was shocked as well so you never know.

Also they only seem to link other sources.

Who knows.

Disagree Zat,

they only ever reference others. this time its SPORT they are regurgitating from pretending to be a news outlet.

Status
Not open for further replies.