2019/20 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
i guarantee that when Cahill played on the wing he put 110% effort in and never shirked away from anything, he would have ran, tackled, defended and attacked with only his technical ability limiting him

that’s a huge difference from having that ghost who has done none of them things in any positions he has played

I'm not doubting Cahills effort compared to Sigurdssons but all my point was that sometimes particular players are suited to certain systems. I also don't disagree that Cahill and Fellaini did far better for us. However if they were playing in this team even they would struggle. Personally I would accept any bid for Sigurdsson to get him out the club but unfortunately he his on £6 million a year and there is only Koeman/Walsh who thinks he is good enough for them wages.

To be honest mate, I consider him to be playing out of position, I don’t see him as a central midfielder either 6 or 8, for me he’s playing out of position. If you put Fernandez at 6 he’s not going to be as effective, if you take away Rashford, Greenwood, Martial and Pogba he might struggle also, it’s a bit of an unfair comparison.

People are talking about Grealish as 60 mill player, 7 goals and 7 assists, Gylfi clocked 13 and 6 last season. Full tilt, weve a player in my opinion, I’m not blind, I see he’s struggling in an alien position, just trying to share what I see as context and reasons for being ineffective, which I think are many and are fair mitigation.

Right, I’ve mentioned this at least 38 times in the past week, but one more for good measure won’t hurt. He has played the first half of this season as a number 10 and played the entirety of last season as one and had, at a push, about 10 good games in that whole time.

Right, I’ve mentioned this at least 38 times in the past week, but one more for good measure won’t hurt. He has played the first half of this season as a number 10 and played the entirety of last season as one and had, at a push, about 10 good games in that whole time.

He got dropped as a number 10 for Iwobi too.

I know people say, ‘we don’t see what they see in training‘ etc.
Frankly I don’t give a toss, performance on the pitch and points on the board is all that matters.
If they bottle it on the pitch, don’t play them.
I hope he’s got them balls to do it and if we’re going to lose with the gutless wonders then we might as well try the youngsters, even if it’s to put them in the shop window if they’re not what we need long term

I’m interested to see how Carlo deals with this for the rest of the season
Does he pick his senior players or leave them behind?
Can’t wait to see the team this week.....

Yes I will find it interesting too. Does a top manager like carlo reward consistently woeful displays with more and more game time?
There is a growing list now. Pickford/Davis/Siggy are 3 at the top of getting serious game time and week in week out are woeful.

dungeness-crab.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.