2019/20 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he's top of the threads is he going?
Have Real Sociedad, Malaga, or...Nice, been in touch? Please

I appreciate his 13 goals, that he's out of position, and neither our style or his play suit us at the moment, but is he also one of the players we are suspecting of not giving his best to Everton? I feel bad as he's been good in the past, but this season not at all

I see the stat lads have shifted their excuses to Iwobi now.

Straight copying and pasting them.

"We are playing him out of position"

"It's the wrong formation"

"Not his fault because he has to play with X player"

"It's not his fault we spent so much money on him"
Textbook.

At least the "Fans are straight on his back at Goodison and it's wrecking his confidence" excuse isn't there for them at the minute.

As a number 10 in 4-2-3-1 he is ok. In any other position or any other formation he is not good enough. He is a bit like Cahill and Fellaini in that respect. The difference being that the other players in their teams were also suited to that formation hence we got decent results. There is no position in a 4-4-2 that suits Sigurdsson and unfortunately 4-2-3-1 just does not suit most of our players so he needs to go in this window or if he stays needs to be used as an impact sub when we need to try something different.

As a number 10 in 4-2-3-1 he is ok. In any other position or any other formation he is not good enough. He is a bit like Cahill and Fellaini in that respect. The difference being that the other players in their teams were also suited to that formation hence we got decent results. There is no position in a 4-4-2 that suits Sigurdsson and unfortunately 4-2-3-1 just does not suit most of our players so he needs to go in this window or if he stays needs to be used as an impact sub when we need to try something different.

no he’s not

no he isn’t

no he’s not

no he isn’t

I'm one of his biggest critics but I personally think he did ok last season as a 10. Unfortunately it was to the detriment of the rest of the team.

With regards to Cahill and Fellaini it wasn't criticism but both of them played best for us when they were playing as a 10 Fellaini's best season for us was his last when Cahill left and he could play the more advanced role. Cahill was designed for the number 10 role as he could arrive late in the box but was also prepared to work for the team.

I'm one of his biggest critics but I personally think he did ok last season as a 10. Unfortunately it was to the detriment of the rest of the team.

With regards to Cahill and Fellaini it wasn't criticism but both of them played best for us when they were playing as a 10 Fellaini's best season for us was his last when Cahill left and he could play the more advanced role. Cahill was designed for the number 10 role as he could arrive late in the box but was also prepared to work for the team.

he literally did nothing in the number 10 except boost his stats which hid his massive flaws

And felliani was very effective in numerous positions in our midfield, as was Cahill. Neither of them hid or lack passion and neither of them would ever have a 20% tackle ratio

he’s without doubt one of the worst signings in our history

Cahill and Fellaini were good as number 10s for us whereas Sigurdsson has been crap as one.

Cahill and Fellaini were good as number 10s for us whereas Sigurdsson has been crap as one.

I absolutely agree Cahill and Fellaini did better as number 10. Sigurdsson may have done ok in the teams they played in but he's been poor in this. Still doesn't take away from my point that 10 is his best position and he's had a few good games for us. Unfortunately a few good games in 3 years can't be good enough by anyones standards yet somehow he still gets a game. My biggest hope with 4-4-2 was that he wouldn't play but somehow he still gets in!!

he literally did nothing in the number 10 except boost his stats which hid his massive flaws

And felliani was very effective in numerous positions in our midfield, as was Cahill. Neither of them hid or lack passion and neither of them would ever have a 20% tackle ratio

he’s without doubt one of the worst signings in our history

I actually think wages and fee he is our worst signing ever the only player that comes close is Bolasie.

Fellaini did play other positions and at times did ok but he only truly flourished in that last season. The only other position I remember Cahill having any impact was when he was played up front during our striker crisis. Whenever he played deeper he was poor and when he was put on the wing for a few games he was also ineffective.

I actually think wages and fee he is our worst signing ever the only player that comes close is Bolasie.

Fellaini did play other positions and at times did ok but he only truly flourished in that last season. The only other position I remember Cahill having any impact was when he was played up front during our striker crisis. Whenever he played deeper he was poor and when he was put on the wing for a few games he was also ineffective.

i guarantee that when Cahill played on the wing he put 110% effort in and never shirked away from anything, he would have ran, tackled, defended and attacked with only his technical ability limiting him

that’s a huge difference from having that ghost who has done none of them things in any positions he has played

Status
Not open for further replies.