2019/20 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigurdsson will be one of the Easier players to sell because he will want to move when he knows he won't be a regular starter
We may even get decent money for him which would be about 15m.
He is still highly regarded although not by those who have been watching him every week.

I agree stop selecting him even to sit on the bench, give him no games at all and make him trainh on his own, that should start to pee him off.

Why is he even still playing? I can't get my head around this. Has he said something to Carlo and he's just putting him out there to prove a point? He's easily the worst player on the pitch in every game we play (until Bernard or Iwobi come on, then it's marginal).

Next season onwards, if he is here, I think we can all agree that when he plays he needs to play as a second striker and that is it.

No responsibility to pull the strings for the team. Just come off the bench, preferably, and score a goal.

He won't be starting mate, or maybe even coming off the bench, but when he does...

He should not be starting anywhere, including second striker where he’s been godawful for the majority of his time here. He should not be coming off the bench either. If he’s still at the club he should be frozen out completely because he has zero to contribute in any position.

I refer you to the 70 goals over the previous 8 Premier League seasons, including 14 last season for us.

The problem is three fold:

• He isn't playing in that position. Instead he is playing in central midfield where his lack of incisive forward passing and mobility is being exposed.
  • The team doesn't set up to accommodate that role, so he is never going to play that position.
  • If we set up in a way that suited Glyfi, he would get a decent return but we would suffer in other ways and he still wouldn't dominate games as a 45m signing should.
We need to sell him.
Agree.

He should not be starting anywhere, including second striker where he’s been godawful for the majority of his time here. He should not be coming off the bench either. If he’s still at the club he should be frozen out completely because he has zero to contribute in any position.
What’s he like in goal?

Status
Not open for further replies.