Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
After thinking about this over a couple pints, I think we need to rethink this "lets get the finished article" thing. It hasn't served us well, at all. There are some class players in the Championship who would absolutely jump at a chance to join us and give a hell of a lot more than what we currently have. Let's get in some players who think playing for Everton would be an absolute privileged ffs..
Agree we have gone for too many squad players from CL clubs who think they are above us and have made it already. But actually aren't very good.

Everton Soares is the exact sort of gamble we should be taking imo mate - we moan that we cant attract the established CL players so stop arsing around buying cast offs like Iwobi/Schneiderlin/Walcott and take these types of gambles that can pay off - for me he could be another Bruno Fernandes type signing where he's well known but clubs haven't yet taken the plunge but for me he's worth the risk from what I've seen of him playing for Brazil.

We need snide and grit in the spine of the team - likes of Thiago Silva who's no nonsense, Allan in midfield who's gritty and gets stuck in, Belotti who has a near 1 in 2 scoring record for Torino, only 26 and gets stuck in and has a bit of snide about him.

The sort of deals we should be making, players like Davies, DCL, Mina/Keane ultimately are too soft to be relied upon when it comes to the trenches.

Only Richarlison, Holgate & Coleman in our side have any fight and Coleman is sadly past it.
I agree. I remember saying a couple of windows ago we needed some snidey players who rough up the oppo and complain about everything, i.e a Diego Costa type. We’re too nice, we’re Everton.

After thinking about this over a couple pints, I think we need to rethink this "lets get the finished article" thing. It hasn't served us well, at all. There are some class players in the Championship who would absolutely jump at a chance to join us and give a hell of a lot more than what we currently have. Let's get in some players who think playing for Everton would be an absolute privileged ffs..
I don't think you're wrong.
The easiest one to compare us to is Sheff Utd. Players aren't top quality but each and every one of them puts in maximum effort for their club.

I agree. I remember saying a couple of windows ago we needed some snidey players who rough up the oppo and complain about everything, i.e a Diego Costa type. We’re too nice, we’re Everton.
We have a team full of "nice" footballers not enough winners and leaders. Not enough players who will bite and scratch to win.

We've paid too many of them a nice wage and when the tough gets going they aren't prepared to dig in, How have we put people like Morgan/Bernard/Siggy on 100k a week ffs.
You can at least understand Bernard because he was on a free. 5m a year for him over a 4-5 year contract is what we would have paid in a transfer fee most likely(if not considerably more).

Think the fees and the names you are quoting are very optimistic. The only real thing we have in our favour is Carlo, but not even sure that will be enough to get the quality and depth we would need.

Coleman seems to be questioning people's professionalism on a day to day basis, the people who these comments were directed at need to be the first out the door. We don't know who they are but based on the on pitch work ethic I feel we can probably guess.

Each window it seems to get more and more dire and it seems like more work is required. I've always defended Brands, saying that he is better than Walsh but ultimately we seem to be going backwards even with what on paper looks like better recruitment.
It was refreshing to hear Coleman saying it today and it shying away from the fact he was wank also. An he is right carlo aint gonna stand round and watch that rubbish served up each week. He doesn't trust these players one bit and thats why he's trying to defend more then anything else. Hopefully the list is already on brands desk of who is gone. Pickford and siggy are thr two first out for me followed by Delph

Brands needs to step up this summer or he can go too. No more excuses. We need better players especially in midfield. With some actual desire I don't care which club they come from this snobbery that they have to be from a big club isn't helping us. Identify players with the right attributes, who will fight and who have pace who fit Carlos system.

The key is to bring in athletes who are also good footballers. Our midfield is full of slow, turgid cowards.

Plenty of those around for a decent price.
Just need to grab a few with ambition. We could sign all the former world class players in the world but if all they are in it for is a paycheck, we are screwed, like something mentioned before... maybe tackle a couple people out of the Championship. Would still love to get guys who want to bring up the callups for the national teams like Gabriel, McKennie, Aarons, or even that Dutch kid from the Dutch league

Just need to grab a few with ambition. We could sign all the former world class players in the world but if all they are in it for is a paycheck, we are screwed, like something mentioned before... maybe tackle a couple people out of the Championship. Would still love to get guys who want to bring up the callups for the national teams like Gabriel, McKennie, Aarons, or even that Dutch kid from the Dutch league
That's narrowing it down lol

I'm assuming you mean that Koopmeieieirerer kid?

Status
Not open for further replies.