Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're realistically gonna need around £100 million at the minimum this summer to really push on.

For me:

CF: Belotti: £25 million + Kean
LW: Everton Soares: £25 million
CM: Allan: £25 million
CM: Sangare/Hojberg: £20 million
RW: Lozano: Loan
RB: Emerson: £15 million
CB: Thiago Silva: Free

Unlikely to happen like but thats the sort of business we should be looking at.

Sell/swap as many of Kean, Bernard, Iwobi, Kenny, Delph, Davies, Siggurdsson, Besic, Sandro, Tosun, Dowell, Pennington who have no future at the club and shift the wages for the new breed coming in.

If we go over FFP slightly let Uz give us a dodgy sponsorship deal in time for next season to see us over the line.

Think the fees and the names you are quoting are very optimistic. The only real thing we have in our favour is Carlo, but not even sure that will be enough to get the quality and depth we would need.

Coleman seems to be questioning people's professionalism on a day to day basis, the people who these comments were directed at need to be the first out the door. We don't know who they are but based on the on pitch work ethic I feel we can probably guess.

Each window it seems to get more and more dire and it seems like more work is required. I've always defended Brands, saying that he is better than Walsh but ultimately we seem to be going backwards even with what on paper looks like better recruitment.

We're realistically gonna need around £100 million at the minimum this summer to really push on.

For me:

Sell/swap as many of Kean, Bernard, Iwobi, Kenny, Delph, Davies, Siggurdsson, Besic, Sandro, Tosun, Dowell, Pennington who have no future at the club and shift the wages for the new breed coming in.

If we go over FFP slightly let Uz give us a dodgy sponsorship deal in time for next season to see us over the line.
Without a keeper we're going nowhere.

After how many years of waiting to get rid of the wrong players and bring the right ones in to get to the “next level” do you just accept it’s never going to happen?

After how many years of waiting to get rid of the wrong players and bring the right ones in to get to the “next level” do you just accept it’s never going to happen?
This summer will be very interesting for me because it feels like Brands has started to adjust the philosophy of the club but it went off the boil with Iwobi and Gbamin's injuries. So do we let him keep working that way or are we going to adjust because of Carlo? It'll say a lot about how we view the situation and how real we are being about the size of the task.

Also I mentioned it in the world football thread, but Chelsea, United, the RS and City being the 4 CL teams is the kind of thing that could end up with those 4 running away and never being caught by anyone for the next decade. They're the clubs that should be running this league every year.

I think we are going somewhere mate - the Championship!
Nah we are just staying exactly where we are. And paying ridiculously to do it. It's time we rooted out the wasters. If you don't want to be here leave. I suspect half the team are on their deck chairs tbh this has been a weird and very long season. We have a clear issue in midfield if we can begin to address that this summer and get some structure in our play we will be ok next season but the rebuild will take a few seasons at least..

After thinking about this over a couple pints, I think we need to rethink this "lets get the finished article" thing. It hasn't served us well, at all. There are some class players in the Championship who would absolutely jump at a chance to join us and give a hell of a lot more than what we currently have. Let's get in some players who think playing for Everton would be an absolute privileged ffs..

For me:

How old are you? you remind me of a younger version of myself when I believed clear outs like this were possible... then Everton violated my innocence and we ended up with offloading absolutely nobody and adding more garbage in positions we didn't need.

Status
Not open for further replies.