Transfer Rumour Gabriel (Lille)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone was aghast we went into the season with 3 centre backs this year.
Mainly because it was abundantly clear that the club had wanted another one. I think you need 4 but the 4th can be a clear 4th choice, not necessarily competition for the other 3. Most of us believed Holgate would be that 4th choice this year, it's possible that it could be Gibson next year.

Mainly because it was abundantly clear that the club had wanted another one. I think you need 4 but the 4th can be a clear 4th choice, not necessarily competition for the other 3. Most of us believed Holgate would be that 4th choice this year, it's possible that it could be Gibson next year.

I think it may actually be Braithwaite, or a combination of the 2. Which in all honesty, for a club where we are, no Europe etc is a sensible way of doing it.

I think it may actually be Braithwaite, or a combination of the 2. Which in all honesty, for a club where we are, no Europe etc is a sensible way of doing it.
Yeah maybe. Branthwaite will be 18 for the entire season though. If he's good enough to potentially play 10/15 games at centre half for us in the PL at 18 then the sky is the limit really, he would have to be a truly exceptional talent, literally a once in a generation player. I'm not saying he's not obviously, but I don't think there's that much evidence that he is.

I could agree with that, as neither would take a place on the registration, freeing us up to sign elsewhere.

Holgate could be used as a defensive midfielder to allow Gomes to focus on starting attacks and that would mean holding onto both Mina and Keane.

Yes I know that Holgate is probably the first choice CB now but his pace and power would also suit midfield well.

Prefer an actual midfielder, not a stop gap.
We need quality there, its embarrassingly bad at he minute.

Prefer an actual midfielder, not a stop gap.
We need quality there, its embarrassingly bad at he minute.
Agreed but he would be more than a stop gap though. Clear as day we need legs around Gomes and as Carlo doesn’t fancy Beni then who else...

If we do sign Gabriel then I would guess it will be Holgate and Mina competing for the other slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.