Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
And that's normal.

Same thing happens in every team in the league.

We don't do better or worse than everyone else.
Villa: Grealish
Liverpool: Alexaner-Arnold
City: Foden
Chelsea: Mason Mount, Hudson-Odoi, Tammy Abaraham, Reece James
Tottenham: Harry Kane
Arsenal: Chambers(I Think?), Saka,
United: ffs, way too many here
Southampton: Ward-Prowse
Norwich: Cantwell & Aarons
Brighton: Dunk

I mean, some of those aren't exactly top drawer but we haven't had anything resembling that bar Barkley for eons. And he was thick as a plank. I just think our academy has been utterly woeful for getting the utes ready for top flight football.

Villa: Grealish
Liverpool: Alexaner-Arnold
City: Foden
Chelsea: Mason Mount, Hudson-Odoi, Tammy Abaraham, Reece James
Tottenham: Harry Kane
Arsenal: Chambers(I Think?), Saka,
United: ffs, way too many here
Southampton: Ward-Prowse
Norwich: Cantwell & Aarons
Brighton: Dunk

I mean, some of those aren't exactly top drawer but we haven't had anything resembling that bar Barkley for eons. And he was thick as a plank. I just think our academy has been utterly woeful for getting the utes ready for top flight football.

Barkley, Tom Davies.

Only really Chelsea with more.

I don't think we need a Roy Keane shouting man, It's like when people say "Why aren't Everton players getting in the refs face?!" like it will affect the outcome, We just need competent players and the rest will follow but yes make Mason Holgate captain tomorrow.
Maybe but look at our stats we never come from behind away we never beat big team's. Leadership is part of that I am not just talking about shouting too.

Maybe but look at our stats we never come from behind away we never beat big team's. Leadership is part of that I am not just talking about shouting too.
Oh yeah I forgot about Ashley Williams wasn't he bought for a similar reason? It would be nice to have one but I don't think having one will change anything tbh.

Delph shouts at people and gets pelters on here for it.
Yeah and the reply will be "yeah cause he's crap" Roy Keane shouted at a lot of better players himself.
Being crap does matter though. Keane might have done it to better players (although that’s debatable in itself) but he was still very much a top player who others would respect. It’s hard to call others out for mistakes if they’re outperforming you, a lot of players will just shrug it off. There’s a lot of research into this that suggests that it’s not an effective leadership technique too, particularly for millennials.

Being crap does matter though. Keane might have done it to better players (although that’s debatable in itself) but he was still very much a top player who others would respect. It’s hard to call others out for mistakes if they’re outperforming you, a lot of players will just shrug it off. There’s a lot of research into this that suggests that it’s not an effective leadership technique too, particularly for millennials.
I think Neville was an effective leader for us. Not the best footballer in the world but a tactical understanding of the game combined with knowing what Moyes wanted from the team was helpful. People laugh at his persistent point and shout method of leadership but he was always making sure players were staying focused and in position.

I think Neville was an effective leader for us. Not the best footballer in the world but a tactical understanding of the game combined with knowing what Moyes wanted from the team was helpful. People laugh at his persistent point and shout method of leadership but he was always making sure players were staying focused and in position.
Yep, totally agree. It’s that type of figure we lack, not the aggro screamer that manhandles refs and tells the rest of the players they’re useless, which is what everyone always asks for.

Yep, totally agree. It’s that type of figure we lack, not the aggro screamer that manhandles refs and tells the rest of the players they’re useless, which is what everyone always asks for.

Ancelotti is the epitome of a great leader. Quiet, considered, intelligent. The days of screaming and shouting leadership are over. Look how far it's gotten Delph with us.

In today's game no one is listening to some crapper who shouts at the better players, Agreed. Keane is an anomaly though while he was a standard stock player he was reliable and held everyone whether crap or good to "The United standard." and just because it worked for United doesn't mean it will work for every other team who is in bad shape which is why if we got someone who was similar to Keane it wouldn't work at all.

Beginning to sound like Hojbjerg is our top target this summer, which in my eyes is disappointing as he's not the ball-winner we crave.

Status
Not open for further replies.